FJ Cruiser Forum banner

Camping Trailers

6K views 36 replies 14 participants last post by  FJVP 
FJVP said:
Well...I Bought a 18' travel trailer today. A fun Finder fully loaded for the wife to have that hotel on wheels. Got to install a electric brake set up in the FJ this week....I'll post pics when I get it next week.
Congratulations Tim; how exciting and I'm sure the wifey will be in heaven on the future campin' trips. And I'm Lucy and Ricky will be in heaven too. Definitely post the pics when you get 'em. I bet you guys are excited.

FJVP said:
Sorry Brian, Got your trailer juices flowing again! ;D....You may also want to look at a HiLo and a Fleetwood Tacoma, they are both hard wall pop ups. I can tell ya, I researched all of these and ended up going with the ultra lite 18' full size because I did not want to be setting up and tearing down all the stuff inside, wanted a full sized fridge, A/C heat and all the luxury stuff that comes with it. The unit I got has a GVRW of 5280 lbs and a dry weight of 3000 lbs so towing is not a issue. I will never over gross it because I just don't have 2200 lbs of Rear End Product to stuff in it including the holding tanks weight.

To top it all off it was about the same price as most tent trailers and less than a HiLo.

Mine is like the one here but without the rear fold down door and it has whitewashed interior cabs.

http://www.travelandusa.com/familyrv/Specials/0308/2008-cruiser-rv-llc-fun-finder-xt-190.cfm
Wow; very nice Tim. Okay; Moe and I are definitely going to have to go shopping soon. This trailer looks very similar to a toy hauler; but without that extra space in the back for the toys. Congrats!!!! I know Karen is going to be lovin it when you're out campin. This trailer can be towed by a 2wd FJ?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.