FJ Cruiser Forum banner

Camping Trailers

6K views 36 replies 14 participants last post by  FJVP 
That is a pretty nice unit.

You can look at Chalet and Aline. They are hard walled pop up trailers. I have had a Chalet now for about 10 years. They are great for high altitude camping. Much warmer than the typical pop up trailers.

Just for information, I will be selling mine within the next couple of months. Let me know if you look at the new ones and want to look at a used one. Tony (FJamming slept in it last week end and fell in love with it. You can ask him about it.

As I have mentioned I am building a off road trailer. I just finished setting up the building of the boxes, have the axle in progress. The first one will be built to match my FJ, some of you know what it looks like.

I hope to have it done by the first week of May. I am building this to sell to only friends or people cose to the FJ Group. This is an expedition type trailer, very similar to the Horizon of Adventure Trailers, with out the ungodly price tag. I will only build 12 of them a year, meaning one a month. If you have interest, I will be taking it to several runs next month. Hopefully I will be able to use it for the North Rim run. I will not discuss pricing on the internet, if you have questions PM me regarding it. I have many years owning and operating a trailer building company. I have trailers that I built that have been on the road for over 20 years. These will be very high quality and reasonably priced for my FJ friends.

We are a go, I just got off the phone with the metal fabricators and the prices are good. I will have one operationl by the first week of May it appears.

Kokopeli,

Take a look at the Chalet and Aline. Both are very good smaller pop ups that have hard walls. Only way about 1300 pounds and tow very easly.

Fleet wood also has one that has soft walls and you can carry a quad or bikes in the front of it. It is pretty cool to, but you end up with the wet canvas small all the time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.