FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pictures and instructions on a body mount chop with no welding required.

Before cut:

1. Mask area that you plan on cutting.

2. Make a carboard template to make the steel template.

3. Fit steel template in hole align steel piece.Fill edges with quick steel.

After cut 1 inch + on space.

4. Sand & paint will post pics later.

·
Santiago Peak Tour Guide
11,493 Posts
Radrod that would be sweet! I will cut it down and fab up the little end pcs so all you have to do is weld it. I watched the guy at the muffler shop weld on my muffler front and back in what seemed to be less than 10 minutes and the welded are beautiful. I need to buy a welder someday just everytime I look at them the price shuts me down again.

·
Forum Irregular
650 Posts
Had a great day.

Got to meet (Steve) Sanderhawk, and we knocked out a Body Mount Chop on his rig...

Also got paid for it.... One sliced brisket plate at Bad-to-the-Bone.
(This was a limited time offer !)

For my 1st one, I think it came out OK. Clearance is great. (It's not going to go anywhere.)

·
Santiago Peak Tour Guide
11,493 Posts
Luke is the man ( Radrod ). Got to tell you tig welding is a art form and Luke is the master. I did a little grinding and Luke did everything else. I was the helper just getting him the tools he needed so he wouldn`t be running around looking for everything. I put all the parts back on the truck when we switched to the other side. I did get to try the plasma cutter very cool its a good thing I know how to use a grinder so I could straighten out the plasma cut I made. Very cool day.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.