FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i am geting bigger tires and needed to do the body mount chop so i read about it and then tryed it my self i have all the tools includeing the welder and it came out amazeing i will have pic soon but iv was easyer than i thought it would be the hardest part was cuting into my truck (tear) but after i got over it it was easy so if any one needs any help just send me pm. this was sweet

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ya it is box and painted i will have pic sone but it looks so cool and it was cheap and easy to do

·
Registered
347 Posts
i may have to hit you up for this in the near future or maybe soon just to get it over with. lets see some pics!

·
Registered
5,260 Posts
OK, I checked it out in person today and the work is the cleanest and most perfect I've ever seen. Excellent job on the cutting, welding, and painting!

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thank you

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
FunJunkie said:
OK Please post how much others have paid for this, Not the shop name, just the price so I know what to bargain with.
One of the things I plan on doing over the holidays is to get power run to my welder. I'll then be practicing a little, and hope to chop/weld mine. I'll keep you posted.

·
Registered
7,003 Posts
i might need a body chop for new tires, when are you available?

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
any sunday and someone told me no names that a shop charged them 250$ for this and if any one want i will do it for cheper all i charge is for material and a littile for use of my welder

·
Registered
138 Posts
kramer said:
so i am geting bigger tires and needed to do the body mount chop so i read about it and then tryed it my self i have all the tools includeing the welder and it came out amazeing i will have pic soon but iv was easyer than i thought it would be the hardest part was cuting into my truck (tear) but after i got over it it was easy so if any one needs any help just send me pm. this was sweet

photos-- take a few photos dude!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Kramer came by today nad did my chop. Looks amazing, very well done. If anyone is thinking about doing this, He knows what hes doing.
A big thanks to you Kramer! Oh, and Kramer, check the last pic... thats what ya missed tonight ;)

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Looks like you had a GREAT day! Yup, I agree, kramer does good work. Those welds look nice!

And why is it that I drive on Edwards almost every day, and NEVER see your rig All I see is that stock yellow FJ.

·
Registered
54 Posts
FJDave said:
Looks like you had a GREAT day! Yup, I agree, kramer does good work. Those welds look nice!

And why is it that I drive on Edwards almost every day, and NEVER see your rig All I see is that stock yellow FJ.
You will have to stop by sometime.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
i wish i could have went to holyjim but the boss had other plans i was thinking next sunday but early this time

·
Santiago Peak Tour Guide
11,488 Posts
Kramer,

Do you still feel like doing a body mount chop? I do all the cutting I just need someone to weld a piece of metal back on. I could pay ya for your welding skills.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts