FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I've gotten the day off work (saturday the 13th) and am going waterfall hunting in blackstar canyon. Anyone wishing to join is welcome. Slight change of plans, looks like I am going to park at the entrance and head in from the front on foot.

I'm still bringing basic climbing gear if anyone feels like getting adventurous. But all you really need is some water, a good pair of boots and anything you want to eat along the way.

**updated plans**

I will be parking at the main fire gate at the entrance to Blackstar Canyon around 8am. The hike is about 2.5 miles to the first hairpin turn, then continue about .5 miles up the creekbed to the waterfalls. Post up if you are interested in joining.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Re: blackstar canyon waterfalls

I have my figure 8 and harness in the recovery gear bag in my FJ :D I would prefer to hike in, though...it's been a LONG time since I've rappelled.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

I hear its over 5 miles of boulder hopping through a creek bed to come in from the bottom...

I prefer the ropes. Or no ropes, I'll climb.

·
Registered
995 Posts

I am interested but I don't think I can do Sunday yet. Not Sure. That, and I am not in the same shape I was since I left the ARMY. Still have retained most of the skills though hopefully. That would be a fun expedition though and an experience I would love to do.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

looks like i will be off work saturday. aiming for then.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

No, no nonononoo. It's all rumors made up by highschool kids.

There was an Indian massacre there hundreds of years ago, and since them people make up all kinds of stories to scare each other.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: Blackstar Canyon Waterfalls, 12/12/08 exploring

updated info. going out saturday morning, spending the day in the canyons on foot exporing.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

What are the legal rammifications of carrying a loaded pistol in the wilderness? I do not have a concealed carry permit.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts

Don't get caught, and you'll be fine. Get caught, your gun gets taken as evidence (and you probably won't get it back), and get booked on a misdemeanor charge. If you use it in defense of your life, you may still get the misdemeanor charge against you, but that is all.

So, don't get caught. ;D

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Updated again. Will be at the main gate where Blackstar ends/begins. Park and walk about 2.5 miles up the road and then enter the creekbed and head north for about .5 miles. If you are interested in joining, meet me at the gate or leave me a message and meet comewhere for breakfast.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts