FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yo, anyone interested in planning a Bigfoot expedtion next spring? summer. This is no joke . I' ???m thinking Nortern Califonia or Oregon.
 

·
NOT a moderator!
Joined
·
3,224 Posts
I'm interested. What do we actually do though? Just drive and look around for big feet prints? Maybe we can all hide at the local Big and Tall shop and we can snap some photos just as he's leaving... lol

Seriously, what does this expedition hope to acomplish?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
We might be able to hook up with local clubs and just do some campin,wheelin and looking. Might get involved with some actual searches and leads. The bigfoot seach would be a great excuse to just get out see some new country.
 

·
NOT a moderator!
Joined
·
3,224 Posts
Sounds good to me. Let's do it. Pardoning my humor along the way, I'm seriuosly interested in wheeling the Sierras. is that where you were thinking?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
I grew up in Norther California in a small town on the Klamath river, just 8 miles from where the Paterson film was shot. There is plenty to do and see up north and I would help coordinate a trip if anyone want to go.

- White Water Rafting
- Lost Coast
- Fire Roads and Fire Lookout Tour
- 6 Rivers and Klamath National Forest
- Salmon and Steelhead Fishing
- Coastal Redwoods
- Avenue of the Giants

Let me now is anyone is up for a trip.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Squatch said:
I grew up in Norther California in a small town on the Klamath river, just 8 miles from where the Paterson film was shot. There is plenty to do and see up north and I would help coordinate a trip if anyone want to go.

- White Water Rafting
- Lost Coast
- Fire Roads and Fire Lookout Tour
- 6 Rivers and Klamath National Forest
- Salmon and Steelhead Fishing
- Coastal Redwoods
- Avenue of the Giants

Let me now is anyone is up for a trip.

I suggest the trip and really want to get something going. Glad you know the area. Let's see what we can work out. I'm thinking around early summer.....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
Early summer is probably the best time to be up there. I would like to help, so let me know what is needed and how to contact you.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
195 Posts
Squatch said:
Early summer is probably the best time to be up there. I would like to help, so let me know what is needed and how to contact you.
Early summer means you avoid the "bug season" which can be a significant thing.

I also think that anyone who goes should take a photography class & upgrade their camera. None of us want to see blurry photos of Big Foot.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
167 Posts
Whatever you do, don't make jokes about Big Foot up there. Most of the locals don't take kindly to mocking of their beliefs. I made that mistake and got the stink eye from one of the guys. LOL

M
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,205 Posts
This could be fun, the search gives the trip an extra edge.

I assume this is one trip we should not dress in costumes :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I truely do not want to offend the locals ..... I beleive there must be something to all the stories. I have a home in Bend and have heard lots and lots of stories. I been all over the world and seen lots of strange stuff so I believe anything's possible... why not BIGFOOT???. Anyone know where I can get a full size monkey suit?
On a serious note I've contacted some folks I know in Oregon to see if they can get local help or contact a local 4x4 club help out. I'm going to start putting some details together on this and get commitments...stay tuned.
 

·
NOT a moderator!
Joined
·
3,224 Posts
Yay, The Big Feets run is moving along. This is probably the only run that we've done on this forum that would constitute as an expedition. There is a purpose, to find Bigfoot. We should discuss what we'd like to do when we find him, I say string em up by one leg from a tall tree and we'll all stand around to get our photos. Of course none of those hi-res digital cameras will work, we need like a 110 camera with 100 speed film and we'll take the pictures in low light. That should add enough distortion to the photo to keep the myth rolling along. lolz I can't wait... ;D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
995 Posts
I say we get the camera out and fil an other Beef Jerky Commercial. SoCal FJ Cruisers messin with BigFoot!!! We can put Viking Horns on him and offer him a Viking Chunt! :p ;D :D

FJ-Piper said:
Yay, The Big Feets run is moving along. This is probably the only run that we've done on this forum that would constitute as an expedition. There is a purpose, to find Bigfoot. We should discuss what we'd like to do when we find him, I say string em up by one leg from a tall tree and we'll all stand around to get our photos. Of course none of those hi-res digital cameras will work, we need like a 110 camera with 100 speed film and we'll take the pictures in low light. That should add enough distortion to the photo to keep the myth rolling along. lolz I can't wait... ;D
 
1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Top