FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if the assembly for the backup camera from 2009 and on FJ's, will fit a 2007 FJ Cruiser?

I want to add a back up camera and would like to use the stock location as I think it works pretty good for what you want to see. Went to the junkyards today without luck, apparently theres not many out there that are crashed! which is probably a good thing in this forum :biggrin:. I've never seen a newer FJ up close so I really don't even know how it mounts to the car. I imagine a plate could be made and bolted on rather easily, so that a camera is at the stock location without needing the actual assembly but it's nice to know in case I come across one.

Thanks,
THURO

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
The back up camera is turned on when u go into reverse then the mirror has a mini screen that turns on and your could see in rear view mirror.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I mean the metal bracket the camera is on, I have a camera (Not Installed) and I have a Pioneer AppRadio 2 (installed,) I need to figure out where to put the camera. I figured it'd be nice to put it in the stock location and get a new spare tire cover to suit it.

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
my camera is attached the rear tow hook.. not the best place.. half the image is of the bottom of the car.. :) but it does help from running over children..

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yes I think I've seen that one it's the one where you bought a center cap and dremelled it out correct? it looks clean man, that's kinda what I wanted but I thought you had an FJ that came with the camera, basically I just need a way so that the camera is able to hold on to something, and is somewhat concealed so someone just doesn't pass by and rip it off of the car. I go to Baja a lot, it'll happen believe me.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts