FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I plan on changing bumpers this weekend. I got my new bumper sitting on the garage floor and just need a little heads up is all as to where the bolts are to remove the factory one. And any other info would be useful. Like should I remove the grill or anything else. Thanks.

·
Registered
7,003 Posts
search the blue room, there should be a thread on it, its pretty easy to do, it takes about ten minutes, good luck!

·
Ordinary Extraordinaire
8,396 Posts
Tubig said:
Ten minutes? It took hours to take out the last couple bolts on the metal crossbar.
yup if the tac welds break on the studs then it get's really fun. luckilly I had a welder buddy nearby. Best way to avoid this is have someone tack all the studs before you start since the factory welds are real weak.
But anyway, if all goes right it takes about 10 to 20 minutes. even without instructions it's pretty easy to figure out, the hardest part is probably prying the top of the bumper off the corner clips. only because it feels like mabey you forgot a bolt or something, you just gotta give it a firm yank.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks guys. I got impact tools for the hard stuff. And I found a PDF on the blue room for instructions

·
Registered
7,003 Posts
i'm missing two bolts for the mounts for my sliders because the stupid stock tac welds broke...damn toyota.. :-\

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
bumper swapped. Funny thing due to an insain long bolt it was best to dismount the gas tank for some reason

·
Banned
3,370 Posts
Acetechno said:
bumper swapped. Funny thing due to an insain long bolt it was best to dismount the gas tank for some reason
Why in the world would you remove the gas tank to remove the front bumper?

·
Registered
639 Posts
I always disconnect my fuel tank for safety reasons plus all those long bolts threaten to invade the engine compartment at the worst times. Once I remove the fuel tank I stone it in a lead box to avoid x-ray contamination which can weaken the sidewalls and lowers the octane of the fuel inside.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts