FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yeah I know I already posted it on the blue forum, but here it is again

Okay, I'm posting it here, because all I did for 2 days was walk, not really a trip report.

I arrived in Amsterdam, for a 2 day layover, so I get off the plane expection to get my luggage, guess what, it had been fowarded to Morocco. Inside was my flannel shirts and coat. Oh well, nothing like walking around Holland in shorts, and a T-shirt, on a chilly fall day.

So being impatient, I hopped into a cab, and off I went. 10 minutes/$70 dollars later, I wished I had taken the train. But here I am in Dam square after being dropped off.

A block from my $110 dollar a night 6'X8' hotel room.

If I had'nt met Alejandra, a cute foreign exchange student, who knows what trouble I would have got myself into.

We ended up walking around town, getting to know each other, until mid-night when she had a train to catch.

Oh yeah, did I mention I was in shorts and a t-shirt?

More bikes that ***** in Amsterdam. I mean dams.

If I owned a bike, it would be like this one

This I would never drive

Canal living

Amsterdam at night

In the red light district, no I did'nt go window shopping

Dam square the next day

Still no coat, spent most of Saturday in doors, coffeshops, and all. That night, I took the train back to the airport, $9

·
Santiago Peak Tour Guide
11,488 Posts
So did you do any of those things you can do in Amsterdam legally? ;) And as funny as this might sound I didn`t realize that the red light district really has red lights. :D

·
Registered
4,309 Posts
that looks like a fantastic place. i have to hit the lottery so i can travel the world......but i'll make sure i carry some clothes in a carry on so i dont have to walk around in the snow and rain in shorts and t-shirts looking like a tourist. :)

·
Premium Member
2,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
poker said:
I'm guessing you were in Amsterdam! Oooops...wrong thread.

Nice pics. Thanks for sharing. What camera do you use?
Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ4K Digital Camera. Its a point and shoot, but I'm getting good results, experimenting. I never just point then shoot. I try to get the proper light readngs, and deal with composition. I had an slr,
but I still get better results going manual with this camera. One day, I will be good enough, where I pick up the slr again.

Sanderhawk said:
So did you do any of those things you can do in Amsterdam legally? ;) And as funny as this might sound I didn`t realize that the red light district really has red lights. :D
As sad as this might sound, I had a before sunset type of experience, not a Hostel type.

BoBoNel said:
that looks like a fantastic place. i have to hit the lottery so i can travel the world......but i'll make sure i carry some clothes in a carry on so i dont have to walk around in the snow and rain in shorts and t-shirts looking like a tourist. :)
I had carry on clothes, al t-shirts.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts