FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone used a Airaide or K&N intake kit on your FJ? Just wondering if they are worth them money. Thanks!

·
Registered
83 Posts
I have the Airaid. It seems just from what I have read that the sound of the Airaid is not as loud as the TRD, this has been a downer for me since I wanted more sound. The upside is the price is about $100-150 less and its also street legal with its CARB number and sticker.

From a performance standpoint I would say the Airaid might have a slight disadvantage at lower speeds because it not as tight of sealed box as the TRD.

Install was easy.

·
Registered
857 Posts
The AFE CAI is by far the best intake available for the FJ Cruiser. The fit/finish is the best out there, and it can be adapted to work with the Safari Snorkel should you decide to add one later.

AFE also has a matching throttle body spacer and catback exhaust system, which together add about 40 HP...(and we've got them all in stock)

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
I run the aFe and have for over a year. I have the pro dry S filter for hwy and the Pro Guard 7 for off hwy conditions. As Larry said, it is the best.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Are these claim really true, regarding increase of 10-16 horses with a Cold Air Intake.
http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/shop_parts/cold_air_intake/toyota/fj_cruiser.html

Just funny cause back in high school.... being a student and not having any money we use to cut PVC Plastic pipes to make cold air intakes and use
my moms stocking at the end for a filter .... GHETTO RICE-ERrR..... hahahah ;D "I'll beat you with my Honda, the stickers and flame paint job add 10-20 horses"

In my opinion the TRD design is pretty dope or the AFE Cold Air Intake. But I would replace the filter with HKS Honeycomb framed filter.
http://www.promaxauto.com.au/photo/Exterior/Airfilter/hks_airfilter.JPG
The Element is reusable and easy to maintain.

·
Registered
239 Posts
kandn is the way to go i have one and it is asome

1 - 10 of 10 Posts