FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you've checked or worked on the trail, please post here on any relevant findings and also the date and hours worked. This will allow us to keep up with issues and also keep an accurate accounting of hours spent for the AAT program.

I know Piper went up there a couple of weeks ago and had some discouraging findings. It looked like people were driving around the trail blockage...

Could I have your hours and also findings? Thanks.

Tony

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
I have "post deleting" powers....that will come in handy if what you say is true Steve. I will trust folks for now not to hump this thread.

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Actually I don't mind keeping it simple. The reason is the hours accounting is not done on my end. I get your hours and I forward it immediately. The only thing that I'm really interested in is what needs to be done to the trail. :)

The field that I'm in requires tedious documentation. I don't want this to remind me of work! :p

·
Registered
124 Posts
4-19-2009 7 hours

Placed Socal stickers on signs. Repaired trail blockades. Trash pickup.

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Brian. I'll forward that to Angela. So there are 3 more places for the stickers huh? I should've gave you all of them. I guess Greg knew all along how many there were.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I figured you wanted the other two for 2N06x. The other club only had 1 at the east entrance so we are already twice as cool!

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
lol. Well, frankly I don't remember needing that many stickers either. I'll ask Greg for more stickers. He had those made before we adopted 2N06X.

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
lol. I still have that stick in my garage trash can. :D Hey, now about a trip after the M&G is over? Early June?

·
Registered
17 Posts
How about this run as soon as I get my truck back??????

·
Registered
17 Posts
Oh, and BTW...I want to be part of this AAT...

·
Registered
124 Posts
5/31/09 7 hours

Not to be discouraging but our trail blocks and signs are just about pointless. Several of them have been run over. Most of the blockades have been cleared and in some cases that would have involved a bit of work since they would have had to gotten off the bike and clear several tree limbs to make it passable. Most of the time they just cut a new path around so now you can see 2-3 entry points which actually cause more damage than if we had left the original one alone. The only good thing is at least everybody is clean, no trash to speak of.

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Oh, and BTW...I want to be part of this AAT...
Thank you :). Please send me an email about your name, city of residence, email, and phone number. We should have another run this June.

5/31/09 7 hours

Not to be discouraging but our trail blocks and signs are just about pointless. Several of them have been run over. Most of the blockades have been cleared and in some cases that would have involved a bit of work since they would have had to gotten off the bike and clear several tree limbs to make it passable. Most of the time they just cut a new path around so now you can see 2-3 entry points which actually cause more damage than if we had left the original one alone. The only good thing is at least everybody is clean, no trash to speak of.
Thanks for checking it out Brian. I think what we should do is keep up with the signs, and not be bothered by the small egress that bikes do when they ride across small insignificant areas. We kind of done a blanket approach last time when we tried to stop all cuts. It's just not possible when the area is so wide open. What's worse is that it's possible that they make new cuts across the road. I'm glad to hear that it's not being trashed.

Thank you for the new surveillance. This just to show that we need to be vigilant and check out the trail every few months. Do you think you can make the trip with us near the end of June?

1 - 20 of 40 Posts