FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This just in. If you're interested respond ASAP!
--------------------------------------------------------

4x4 Survival Skills 101 *NEW CLASS*
Posted by: "Greg Hoffman" [email protected] ohv3
Wed Dec 3, 2008 8:21 am (PST)
We will be offering a NEW TRAINING CLASS exclusive to the SBNF Adopt-a-Trail Program!!!!

The class will be meeting at Lake Arrowhead North Shore OHV Outpost, class time: 0900-1600 hrs on Sunday, December 14th. This is a good opportunity for beginner and intermediate four wheelers to learn important 4x4 Survival technical skills!! These skills are necessary for four wheelin' in all four seasons, safe vehicle repairs in the great outdoors, recovery skills and mentoring on specialized four wheel drive parts and accessories.

-This class will include classroom instruction and practical exercises in the Forest!

-4x4 vehicles, drivers, food, water, warm clothing, leather gloves, safety glasses are required (winch and recovery gear (if you have them) for winching exercises)

-A limit of two volunteers per club are allowed to attend (to provide for a quality off-roading education!)

-Please RSVP [email protected] to sign up!

Thank you,

Greg.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Very cool for them to offer that to us.

Since they only let 2 from each group I will let someone else go.

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wow, you guys are fast! Piper, you'll have to reteach the class to the rest of us. :)

·
NOT a moderator!
3,224 Posts
Dude, you need to just send an e-mail to greg an go. what does living closer have to do with it? We are allocated two spots, I took one there is another. The early bird gets the worm, right?

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
How did this go?

·
NOT a moderator!
3,224 Posts
WHEEEEEEWWW! It's gonna be Cold! Brrrrrrr I can't wait. in fact, I think I'll drive up tonight and sleep in the FJ outside of the site. Wahooooo! Seriously, I just might! ;)

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Piper, I'm glad you were able to get in touch with Greg. Sorry I couldn't return your call earlier. I didn't have cell signal at Cougar Buttes.

·
NOT a moderator!
3,224 Posts
The class was great. I'll post a work in progress report and pics later tonight. FunJunkie and I started the class as intermediate skill drivers and ended as novices. ;) We'll explain ...

·
Ordinary Extraordinaire
8,396 Posts
Now that was an awesome class. Very discussion oriented and tons of combined experience in the room. very informative and lots of hands on experience. I recommend anyone who has a chance take this class to do it. Gregg said if there is enough interest they will set up another one. In the beginning they asked everyone to introduce themselves, how long you have been wheeling and what you would rate yourself as, beginner, intermediate or expert. most said intermediate and a couple beginners. myself i considered to be intermediate, but through discussion and hands on things i really feel like I was just an overconfident beginner. There are SOOO many cool techniques out there for survival and recovery that I would of never thought of before today. Just great stuff.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Is it possible for those that have attended the class to give us some feedback? Share with the rest of us what you've learned :).

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I just asked him about it this morning. Hopefully he remembers.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts