FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, one thing I've wanted to do is truck out to the grand canyon and explore where it is allowed. I'm looking for recommendations, websites, trail names, etc.

I don't mind obstacles as long as we're in the "top of the world/moab" level and below, as we'll all have girls with us and they don't care for trail repairs and such. We're mostly going for overland expedition, camping, photography, and some truck fun.

Overnight sleeping in canyons would be awesome, and if anyone has done rafting as part of the trip, that would be great to hear about too.

Thanks guys for help.

·
Registered
7,003 Posts
The North Rim trail is epic scenery wise, you need a permit and its usually a year in advance wait

·
Registered
783 Posts
Call the rangers and ask but more likely all offroad trails, or at least the scenic ones in the North rim are closed by this time of the year. I did the trip to GC last year with my family, but I went to the South rim, it was around late Nov, and we wanted to take the drive to the North rim, and go down to the river driving, the rangers told us most offroad trails in the North rim close during winter time.

The south rim had places to go offroading, but all the trails are easy, mostly dirt road covered in snow and mud everywhere. Its very scenic thought, and the family enjoyed the trip a lot, get a map with their entire trail system ahead of time, you won't find this maps from the rangers that check you in from the GC entrance. It seems those people doesn't exactly support offroading, most people entering the park want to walk, we wanted to do both :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts