FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Deutschbag Moderator
7,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just watching 30 days- the episode where a hunter goes to live with PETA activists. It is pretty intersting watching people who are polar opposites on a topic interact. The hunter had to go work at an animal rescue center, cool. But then the person at the rescue center equated people who thought animals were purposed for food to Nazis. It actually came out as "when the GERMANS in Nazi Germany decided Jews were to be treated as they were." She made this reference twice.

A. Not all Germans were Nazis.
B. The belief about the Jews was that of a small minority of the people.

Sorry, i had to vent because it reminded me of the Museum of (In)tolerance were i read on a wall that "all Germans are evil." That got me too. I am thick skinned and handle all the joking and ribbing of my background. But it really gets to me when people make comments like that.

Rant over,
Hans

G

·
Dang dood....it just reminds me of the saying that I heard when I first started: If you are White, you're racist. No one else can be racist - it's impossible.

It's that sort of attitude where they become intolerant of others, themselves. It's that "holier-than-thou" "I'b better than you" crap that friggin sets my tail on fire and bunches up my panties. Grrrrr.....

I'm with ya brother....and I get LOTS of Irish jokes, too (IRA, alcohol, that type stuff).

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
Yeah, I don't like when things that are bad, are compared to the most horrific times of history. It is just an inflammatory comparison by someone who really isn't looking at things from a realistic position. Why not just say the animal abuse is bad? Most would agree. Comparing to Nazi's is just ridiculous, and causes the purveyor of such insane ideas to be dismissed as a loon. (FHI - I LOVE the auto spell check in FireFox)

While on my last visit to Germany, a German friend of mine made a comparison between Bush and Hitler. Uh, I don't think so. First, not even close to the same level of evil. Second, it only seems like some Germans would like to find someone else to take the prize for most hated man in history, and that the new person NOT be German. I think it's going to be a while.

·
Deutschbag Moderator
7,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yea, I'm surprised I got a job being a white male, and a German to boot, but people rarely mess with me at work. And I still don't get paid a language differential while sign language does. Go figure.

CADavebert said:
Yeah, I don't like when things that are bad, are compared to the most horrific times of history. It is just an inflammatory comparison by someone who really isn't looking at things from a realistic position. Why not just say the animal abuse is bad? Most would agree. Comparing to Nazi's is just ridiculous, and causes the purveyor of such insane ideas to be dismissed as a loon. (FHI - I LOVE the auto spell check in FireFox)

While on my last visit to Germany, a German friend of mine made a comparison between Bush and Hitler. Uh, I don't think so. First, not even close to the same level of evil. Second, it only seems like some Germans would like to find someone else to take the prize for most hated man in history, and that the new person NOT be German. I think it's going to be a while.
Just remind him that Hitler was an Austrian.

·
Deutschbag Moderator
7,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
IMachU said:
Kinda like our Governor? :D :D
Exactly, but according to him, his father was not a Nazi. Hmmmm.

FunJunkie said:
I'm a German married to a Japanese woman, I can attest that I despise racism.
My girlfriend is only half Japanese but i hear ya Mike.

·
Premium Member
2,205 Posts
The hunter should have responed to her, "Hitler was a vegetarian"

·
Registered
478 Posts
CADavebert said:
a German friend of mine made a comparison between Bush and Hitler. Uh, I don't think so. First, not even close to the same level of evil.
Be strong Rick...
Don't do.....ittt....
It's too easy....

Whew, crisis averted for now.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
I saw that episode and when she said that I got so pissed I wanted to hit her in the face for her stupidity, I couldn't believe it.

·
NOT a moderator!
3,224 Posts
I am proudly German as well and I am not evil, in fact, I go out of my way to help people and insist on no payment. Hitler was a bad bad person and although there have been many other evil people in the history of our planet, I don't think there is a comparison that can be made of any genocide type event as they were all uniquely evil. We are at the top of the food chain, our teeth are designed for tearing flesh and our internal organs are designed for breaking down and processing animal fats. I don't know where I'm going with this, I blame the Vicodin! hahahaha RED MEAT ROCKS!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts