FJ Cruiser Forum banner

x_y_of_z_posts

·
Premium Member
x_posts
Discussion Starter #1
The FJ Cruiser will always be a special vehicle to Millen Adventures. With this year being the last of the FJ's, we are a little saddened. The future is still bright for the FJ, as they drop slowly in price, new buyers will begin to purchase gently used FJ's and begin down the path of making them more off-road worthy.

Build List

• Icon coilovers with reservoirs
  • Icon rear shocks with CDC valve
  • Camburg 1.25" uniball Upper Arm
  • Total Chaos cam gussets, upright gussets, link skids
  • Method race wheels
  • 33" BFGoodrich All Terrains
  • Icon Shock Shin Guards

Icon's shocks were chosen front and rear because of their CDC valve, which allows for compression adjustment. Compression adjustment is critical when your payload is varying on those week long excursions.

Camburg's upper arm was chosen because of its massive 1.25' uniball and high than industry standard hardware.

Method race wheels and E rated BFGoodrich All-terrains. Millen Adventures only uses E-rated all terrains because of their legendary durability and our first hand experience in Baja with them.

Upright Gusset

Shock guards

·
2012 Ginger of the Year
x_posts
Nice. Is this a customer's or another for your collection?

·
Registered
x_posts
That would be my ride . Ryan did an amazing job -can't thank him or recommend him enough !
He even put up with me hanging around during the build ,a priceless learning experience !
Thanks Ryan !!!
Don't forget about Mojave Rd.

·
Registered
x_posts
That would be my ride . Ryan did an amazing job -can't thank him or recommend him enough ! He even put up with me hanging around during the build ,a priceless learning experience ! Thanks Ryan !!! Don't forget about Mojave Rd.
Sliders next. Nice ride!

·
Registered
x_posts
Hi Ryan,
Nice build, looks ideal for the dune trips in Oman!
I see you have left the front sway bar on.
Is this due the speed, this truck will be used at?

The jeepers i dune bash with all are fitting quick release sway bar connectors, in sn effort to keep up with my fj with the diff lock on...

Are there QRC for Fj's on the market?
Well they provide addition traction in soft sand...particularly in sand hill climbing?

Cheers

Mark

·
Premium Member
x_posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi Ryan,
Nice build, looks ideal for the dune trips in Oman!
I see you have left the front sway bar on.
Is this due the speed, this truck will be used at?

The jeepers i dune bash with all are fitting quick release sway bar connectors, in sn effort to keep up with my fj with the diff lock on...

Are there QRC for Fj's on the market?
Well they provide addition traction in soft sand...particularly in sand hill climbing?

Cheers

Mark
Unless you're really serious about rock crawling, leave the sway bars on. I don't know of any reputable sway bar disconnect systems.

I would leave the sway bars on for maximum traction especially if you don't have diff lockers. Think of the weight transfer that happens when the sway bars are removed. The side that is unweighted will only loose more traction with out a sway bar.

x_y_of_z_posts