FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well it's about time to start planning our annual Outdoor Adventure USA BorregoFest event. The dates are set for the 21st through the 23rd of October. This is a family friendly event that never fails to impress. We will be holding trail runs, ham radio testing on the Sunday of the event, a potluck, wine and beer tasting, and probably a small raffle (also usually held on the Sunday of the event). Please let us know if you plan on attending. Fees and sign up info are below.

We will be using our usual spot for the event this year, Stagecoach Trails located about two miles south of Scissors Crossing in Anza Borrego. :)

No fee is required if you are only coming out for one day or are making other accommodations outside of the group camp for spending the night. You are still allowed to come into the group site for the trail run meetings, potluck, and evening festivities each day. Fees are the same whether you stay for one night or two in the group site. Please post your interest in attending in the format you see below and your name will be added to the roster. "CONFIRMED" will be entered next to you name in the roster once your donation has been received.

Screenname + # of additional attendees
Vehicle(s) Type
Dates Attending
Accommodations (i.e. Group Camping, Hotel, Day-Trip, other, etc.)

The fees for the 2010 BorregoFest are as follows.:

TENT/POP-UP TENT w/Auto:
$55.00 -in advance
$65.00 -for a “drop-in” (Showing up without notice.)
-If you are showing up with and more than one tent there is an additional $20.00 charge per tent. [Example: Auto + Tent = $55.00 or Auto + 2 Tents=$75.00 ($55 + $20.00)]

RV (BUS/TRAILER) w/Auto:
(Spot includes full hook-ups and price includes a spot for one 4x4 near the group campsite. First come first serve until spots are full.)
$95.00
NOTE:
-Drop-Ins are on their own to find a spot for RVs.
-If you are showing up with an RV and more than one rig/vehicle there is an additional $55.00 charge per vehicle. [Example: RV + Auto = $95.00 or RV + 2 Autos=$150.00 ($95 +$55.00)]

For questions about fees or other arrangemnts for payment please PM OLLIE or email him at [email protected].

Payments will be taken via the “Donate” button at the bottom of any page on the OAUSA website. Once payment has been received, “CONFIRMED” will be posted next to your name on the “Sign Up Roster”. Fees are refundable up to 14 days prior to the event.

Here’s the link to the sign up roster on the OAUSA site…
http://www.oausa.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=151&t=2858&p=25095#p25095

Here is the link to the overall BorregoFest planning forum on the OAUSA site with all the various planning and info threads. This will grow as we get closer to the event…
http://www.oausa.net/forums/viewforum.php?f=151

Here is the link to the directions and location of BorregoFest…
http://www.oausa.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=151&t=2859

We will be having an Amateur radio testing session on the last day of BorregoFest. You do not have to attend BorregoFest for this test session. You can drive in at the time of the event and test if you like. Please review info at this link if interested…
http://www.oausa.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=151&t=2865&p=25102#p25102

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I miss this. Borregofest was my first mainland offroad event and it was awesome even back then, These guys can really put on a great time.
I remember that run vividly. That was most of that groups first time through Diablo Drop Off, the mud caves, and all that. It is always cool to see the reactions to peoples new experiences. That's what it's all about and why I love taking groups out so much.:)

·
Registered
989 Posts
let me know if you're going to pre-run anything. would love to join you on that again. had a blast with it last year.

·
Registered
336 Posts
i might be leaving san diego but ill know soon enough if im staying, if i am you can count me in for sure and maybe the wife but definitely the pup.

·
Registered
4,309 Posts
so sorry i'm going to miss it this year. i love the borregofest events. (i'll be in NY for 2 weeks).

have a great time everyone.
for those that havent done a BORREGOFEST event yet....DO IT. ollie and crew picks some terrific trails, the potluck is to die for and its a really really fun group of folks.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm definitely keeping this in mind this year.
Hope to see you out there.

so sorry i'm going to miss it this year. i love the borregofest events. (i'll be in NY for 2 weeks).

have a great time everyone.
for those that havent done a BORREGOFEST event yet....DO IT. ollie and crew picks some terrific trails, the potluck is to die for and its a really really fun group of folks.
Thanks for the props BoBo.:wink: Sorry you can't make it but it sounds like you'll be having some fun of your own. We'll going to miss you.

·
Registered
25 Posts
SO SO SORRY, I Can't Go this Year. I'm going to the Final Surf n Turf 2011. and Can't do both. maybe next years BorregoFest.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Sorry to hear that. SnT is a fun event. I doubt it's gone forever. I'd bet someone else picks it up and continues it. There'll be more of those to come.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Diana Lindsay gave us a presentation and did a book signing at BorregoFest for her new book about Ricardo Breceda's (Perris Jurasic Park) sculptures entitled "Ricardo Breceda: Accidental Artist". It was standing room only during her presentation. It was a wonderful experience. Diana and her husband Lowell got to see how we "rough it" Outdoor Adventure USA style with gourmet camp meals and wine to top it all off. Her book was released to the public for the first time during "Borrego Days" in Borrego Springs, CA the following day.

We want to sincerely thank Diana and Lowell for providing us with this wonderful opportunity. It was a wonderful presentation and a special treat to be able to hang out and learn so much from both of them about other Southern California historical facts and Anza Borrego history. :D

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
For a Friday run we decided to take a trip to check out one of the largest of the mud caves in Arroyo Tapiado. It was a great time. We wanted to check out more but caves but ran out of time. We wanted to get back in time for dinner and Diana Lindsay's presentation.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
On Saturday I led the "Drive Through Time" Run. I want thank everyone who joined me on this run. You were all great company and it was a pleasure being your "Piper" for the day. Thanks to sdnative and Cruiserlarry for alternating in the Tailgunner spot throughout the day. I have a few pictures below and will have some more soon. The others will contain more rig and people shots.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
After setting through Diana Lindsay's presentation on her new book, "Ricardo Breceda: Accidental Artist" on Friday night some of us couldn't resist checking out the Ricardo Breceda Scupltures (Sky Art).

Here's some pictures from the group that went on Sunday as an exit run...

Ben looking at Font's point in the distance with Father font.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts