FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I love Pismo and the only thing that sucks is leaving, I already want to go back. So, I want to know what month would be best for you guys interested, I can't wait till Nov. for Surf and Turf its too far away. We can either camp like we did, or go in and rent a house, last time I did with some friends and it was maybe 80 bucks a person for the whole weekend, the deposit is a lot but it gets refunded in full afterwards assuming we don't destroy anything in the house. Voice your opinion on that too, camping or house? Let me know, can't wait to hear your replies! yay pismo!!!! ;D

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Re: Socal FJ Pismo trip, yes again..

I'm all for it!!!!!

I say in spring maybe March???? And the cheaper the better I say so I would probebly want to camp but I'm open for renting a place if thats what everyone wants. :)

·
Deutschbag Moderator
7,394 Posts

Damn, my spring is already pretty booked. especially March.

·
Registered
376 Posts

I missed out on the chance to go. Were there really ticketing people on the sand for over 15mph?

·
Deutschbag Moderator
7,394 Posts

only along the hardpack and around the camps is where the speed limits are.

·
Registered
995 Posts

I am so down to go!

Camping = BBQ or Hot Dogs on a hanger wire.
BUT!
HOUSE = The Prime Ribs and Chicken Wings I would love to make for everyone. Assuming Everyone will chip in for the price of the prime rib. ;D

·
Premium Member
2,205 Posts

jrock said:
I missed out on the chance to go. Were there really ticketing people on the sand for over 15mph?
At the risk of making myself unpopular, yes they do ticket for driving 15mph, on the beach, as they should. The beach is were everyone pulls in to the parkng area from, usually congested. It is also where you see famalies, and children playing. Anyone can drive like a bat out of hell down sand highway. I've sen guys on quads get tickets, after they almost got hit head on. Its like a wide receiver deciding to run down the sidelines, cause the coaches and camermen are'nt as imposing. God, I know I'm gonna get flamed, but sorry, its just common sense.

·
Premium Member
1,996 Posts

spertierra said:
At the risk of making myself unpopular, yes they do ticket for driving 15mph, on the beach, as they should. The beach is were everyone pulls in to the parkng area from, usually congested. It is also where you see famalies, and children playing. Anyone can drive like a bat out of hell down sand highway. I've sen guys on quads get tickets, after they almost got hit head on. Its like a wide receiver deciding to run down the sidelines, cause the coaches and camermen are'nt as imposing. God, I know I'm gonna get flamed, but sorry, its just common sense.
I won't flame your for that. I think they should be ticketing people also. After being there and seeing how people drive around it's obviously a safety precaution and I can't knock them for that. Also, even when driving the speed limit you still have all the morons in their trucks AND quads flying by you who think since they're off the paved road, rules don't apply and I'm glad that there is someone there to enforce that and let them know that they can't do whatever they want. Just my opinion :)

·
Premium Member
2,205 Posts

mrsmainster said:
I won't flame your for that. I think they should be ticketing people also. After being there and seeing how people drive around it's obviously a safety precaution and I can't knock them for that. Also, even when driving the speed limit you still have all the morons in their trucks AND quads flying by you who think since they're off the paved road, rules don't apply and I'm glad that there is someone there to enforce that and let them know that they can't do whatever they want. Just my opinion :)
Gawd, Thank you. I'm not trying to act self rightous, its just that if i know im speeding, I accept the ticket. There are officers who are too hardcore about their jobs, but enforcing safety seems reasonable in this case.

I actually ran into a major fascist hippie pig this weekend (sorry all hippies), at Saline Valley, who told me I could'nt hang out until I took my cloths off, so I did just to prove a point, then he told me off-roaders were'nt welcome at the hot springs, which is when I told to F(%k-off.

·
Deutschbag Moderator
7,394 Posts

I agree with the speed limit too. There is plenty of room to haul a$$ out there. It was loud enough in camp with the speed limits.

·
Registered
639 Posts

I wouldn't mind seeing more patrols and maybe even a truck running breathalyzers out in the dunes. There are some overly drunk people out there and it's kind of freaky. After seeing the drunks pull over to watch us help the other drunks flip I am kind of nervous to be out there at night.

·
Registered
10,260 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts