FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
NOT a moderator!
3,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This section will contain Trail Logs for documenting each trail run. This can contain several blank forms to fill out general information such as Date, Time, Location, trail run name or coordinating party, weather conditions, terrain types, issues encountered and a notes section for documenting funny stories or incidents.

·
NOT a moderator!
3,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Working Copy

Date: Trail Run Name:

Trail Head: Start Time: Odometer:

Stop 1: Duration: Odometer:

Stop 2: Duration: Odometer:

Stop 3: Duration: Odometer:

Stop 4: Duration: Odometer:

Trail End: End Time: Odometer:

Terrain - check all that apply: Dirt, Mud, Sand, Small Rocks, Large Rocks, Even Larger Rocks, Other:

Obstacles - check all that apply: Ruts, Hills, Off Camber, Rock Garden, Water Crossing, Sand Dunes, Trail Encroaching Brush/Trees, Downed Trees, Hippies, Other:

Weather Conditions:

Trees and Plants:

Wildlife:

Modification Test Results:

Attendees:

Notes:

·
NOT a moderator!
3,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Any thoughts on what should be contained in the Trail Logs? Please post your thoughts soon so we can lock this one down and Matt can format it.

here's to get started:

Date: Trail Run Name:

Trail Head: Start Time: Odometer:

Stop 1: Duration: Odometer:

Stop 2: Duration: Odometer:

Stop 3: Duration: Odometer:

Stop 4: Duration: Odometer:

Trail End: End Time: Odometer:

Terrain - check all that apply: Dirt, Mud, Sand, Small Rocks, Large Rocks, Even Larger Rocks, Other:

Obstacles - check all that apply: Ruts, Hills, Off Camber, Rock Garden, Water Crossing, Sand Dunes, Trail Encroaching Brush/Trees, Downed Trees, Hippies, Other:

Weather Conditions:

Trees and Plants:

Wildlife:

Modification Test Results:

Attendees:

Notes:

·
NOT a moderator!
3,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Matt. I'm really appreciate your attention to this field guide. I think it's going to be a really cool addition to the gear we carry in our rigs.

I think I can find a small 3-ring binder like the one we used to call our "Knowledge" in the USMC Boot Camp to house this Field Guide in. I really wish it could be hard covered and binded but that it is too difficult to add/remove pages when needed which is an important part of the functionality of this Field Guide. I'm sure a perfect solution will reveal itself soon...

·
Premium Member
3,397 Posts
FJ-Piper said:
Thanks Matt. I'm really appreciate your attention to this field guide. I think it's going to be a really cool addition to the gear we carry in our rigs.

I think I can find a small 3-ring binder like the one we used to call our "Knowledge" in the USMC Boot Camp to house this Field Guide in. I really wish it could be hard covered and binded but that it is too difficult to add/remove pages when needed which is an important part of the functionality of this Field Guide. I'm sure a perfect solution will reveal itself soon...
I'm shooting you a PM about that... ;D

·
NOT a moderator!
3,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Looks great! One recommendation I have is to take the third page and put a bunch of them in the back of the Field Guide called Notes: Then they are a more universal Notes page that can be utilized for more than just the Trail Log. I don't see most people writing so much in the Notes section of the Trail Log that the third page would be needed. Also, I think it's best to keep the Trail Log as one piece of paper, double sided in case we need to remove it for whatever reason i.e. Archiving, law enforcement/legal issues, etc...

·
Premium Member
3,397 Posts
FJ-Piper said:
Looks great! One recommendation I have is to take the third page and put a bunch of them in the back of the Field Guide called Notes: Then they are a more universal Notes page that can be utilized for more than just the Trail Log. I don't see most people writing so much in the Notes section of the Trail Log that the third page would be needed. Also, I think it's best to keep the Trail Log as one piece of paper, double sided in case we need to remove it for whatever reason i.e. Archiving, law enforcement/legal issues, etc...
I agree. The trail log will be one, double-sided sheet and I will put a bunch of notes pages in the back.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts