FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This years borregofest through oausa was a blast! Didn't see much of the local socal guys besides raygun (jesse) and some others that don't post up much, but all local guys. Thanks to Ollie and Larry of DirtyParts for setting this all up. Ollie and Borregowrangler were great leading the trails. Great runs from friday thru sunday with an awesome sunset and canyon view from fonts point. Night run was tough with all the dirt and dust kicked up, even the brightest of lights couldn't get through....Also the potluck was a great turnout and some cool prizes. (Bruisedfj gave me his Icon shirt he won, scored!). Overall a great time and great people from all over. Didn't take much photos as I was tailgunning it all of sat, most can be viewed at the oausa site (http://www.oausa.net/forums/viewforum.php?f=132)....til next time. Also not on my run, but saw photos of a Jeep that rolled over on another group run trying to show off (hehe). Last but not least, camping was like a luxury, clean bathrooms with shower stalls and hot water, best camping experience so far with the fj...

-Mark

·
Forum Horse
2,311 Posts
Re: Borregofest 10/23-10/25

sweet looks like a good time i was bummed that i couldnt make it out this year dumb work well hope to see u at S&T thanks for posting the pics

·
Registered
2,245 Posts

Sweet pics Mark! You met bruisedfj? Did he have the big redskins decal on his doors? Jon works for the same company I do but he is in a different department. Very cool guy.

·
Registered
93 Posts

Great event guys!!!!:riding:I was only able to make the saturday night run but it was a great first time experience. I will try to make it early next time. I will like to thank everyone for making me feel welcome.

does anyone have video from the the rodriguez cayon run saturday night run?

Thanks you all,

Romain

Attachments

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Yup, bruised was next to me at the campsite, I was talking to him and he knew who you were too as he said he worked for Sony, haha....he works in the finance department. Yup redskins sticker on sides, it fell off though heading back onto the freeway heading home though, lol.....good times, hope you can make it out to the next runs...

Sweet pics Mark! You met bruisedfj? Did he have the big redskins decal on his doors? Jon works for the same company I do but he is in a different department. Very cool guy.

·
Registered
422 Posts

Thanks to everyone that attended. This event has been getting better each year. I think we're starting to get the hang of things.

The main event reports can be found at the following link...

2009 BorregoFest Report Forum

·
Registered
178 Posts

Great event guys!!!!:riding:I was only able to make the saturday night run but it was a great first time experience. I will try to make it early next time. I will like to thank everyone for making me feel welcome.

does anyone have video from the the rodriguez cayon run saturday night run?

Thanks you all,

Romain
Hi romain it wasnice meeting you. I was the last truck when you found us. You and Samantha did great.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Yeah cool, I remember you Chris, thank alot!! I had a great time.
by the way,I am looking for a handheld CB radio for the next trip. what brand and model is good?

Ollie, I saw the axe you have in your FJ, what brand is it? I like it!!!:sparta:

thanks again for everything.
Romain

·
Registered
422 Posts
Ollie, I saw the axe you have in your FJ, what brand is it? I like it!!!:sparta:

thanks again for everything.
Romain
That's a Fiskar ax. The sharpener for it was mounted on the door right next to it.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Thanks Ollie, I am getting one of those or a Gerber, which are basically the same, this weekend.:YEP:

thanks again,
Romain

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Very cool video Mark. Ojedaxx, thats a nice lil camera for $139!!!

·
Registered
422 Posts
ollie hows the kid!
He's great. He was pissed that we didn't camp for a few more nights. This was his first time camping and he absolutely loved it. Looks like I've got a fairly regular copilot now. I have a seat I can strap in now that has a five point harness for him.

My baby girl is growing up fast too. I came home to her jabrbering away like I've never heard her before. Unreal...

·
Registered
158 Posts
Thanks to the organizers of this event! My wife and I had a blast on the runs that we made it to. The campsite was so nice it almost made me wish I was camping too...but then again that nice comfy bed felt good too. I highly recommend this event to all for next year.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts