FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, my friend is going to be visiting from Florida and she wanted to see some snow so I was going to go play in the snow on Saturday 12/27 around 10AM or so. We plan on taking the main trail in (off of 15N and Sierra exit) and just messing around for a while and then going up to the gate to snow ball fight, slide down the hill, and maybe build a snowman or two :) If anyone is interested, the meeting spot will be at the Jack in the Box right off of the freeway on the left side. There will obviously be food and there are also a few gas stations to fuel up at as well. From what I have been told that in order to park on the side of the trail you will need an Adventure Pass. Adventure Passes are available at the gas stations by the meeting spot. I think a 1 day pass is about $10 or so, someone can chime in to confirm that or not. CB Channel is TBD at the meeting spot or PM me for my cell #. Dress warm because it will be cold! (snow=cold duh ;D) I also recommend bringing a shovel, a tow strap, and any other relevant recovery gear. Even though the trail is normally very 2WD friendly I am not sure how well 2WD will do in heavy snow. If anyone is interested or has any questions just let me know. It should be a blast as always!

·
Premium Member
3,397 Posts
1SikFJC said:
Hi everyone, my friend is going to be visiting from Florida and she wanted to see some snow so I was going to go play in the snow on Saturday 12/27 around 10AM or so. We plan on taking the main trail in (off of 15N and Sierra exit) and just messing around for a while and then going up to the gate to snow ball fight, slide down the hill, and maybe build a snowman or two :) If anyone is interested, the meeting spot will be at the Jack in the Box right off of the freeway on the left side. There will obviously be food and there are also a few gas stations to fuel up at as well. From what I have been told that in order to park on the side of the trail you will need an Adventure Pass. Adventure Passes are available at the gas stations by the meeting spot. I think a 1 day pass is about $10 or so, someone can chime in to confirm that or not. CB Channel is TBD at the meeting spot or PM me for my cell #. Dress warm because it will be cold! (snow=cold duh ;D) I also recommend bringing a shovel, a tow strap, and any other relevant recovery gear. Even though the trail is normally very 2WD friendly I am not sure how well 2WD will do in heavy snow. If anyone is interested or has any questions just let me know. It should be a blast as always!

If there's snow, I'll be there. Adventure passes are $5.

·
Premium Member
2,205 Posts
mattmainster said:
If there's snow, I'll be there. Adventure passes are $5.
Adventure passes dont exist anymore, ruled unconstitutiional last year

·
Premium Member
2,205 Posts
You know, I'm not sure, but in los Padres, they are not. And a ranger told Nevadesh and myself the same thing at mitchell caverns.

·
Premium Member
3,397 Posts
spertierra said:
You know, I'm not sure, but in los Padres, they are not. And a ranger told Nevadesh and myself the same thing at mitchell caverns.
Yea, cause everywhere in the SBNF still sells them. I'd get one to be safe. I always have one in my glove box.

·
Premium Member
2,205 Posts
I just remembered what the status of the pass's were. The Sierra club filed a suit with the state supreme court, allegeing they are unconstitutional. Some ranger districts stop requiring them, since they beleive that the passes are unconstitutional. I was'nt able to buy one in Frazier park last time i was there. The guy at the gas station said they no longer sell them, because the law was overturned. I don't think it has been, yet. But the rangers here seem to think its only a matter of time.

·
Premium Member
2,205 Posts
mattmainster said:
I don't believe that's true. My brother was at Baldy the other day and got cited for not having a pass.
What was the fine? Here in Kern County, they used to make you purchase a pass and mail it to them. Are they giving bigger fines down south?

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
Mikescruiser said:
Hopefully its open, I tried to go up lytle last night and got turned around by CHP 1/2 mile north of sierra
You've past the entrance already. lol. You take Sierra to Lytle.

·
Premium Member
2,205 Posts
CADavebert said:
I kinda figured it was just a way to figure out what vehicles were abandoned, and which ones were not. Except when they then would sell annual passes. ;D
There is an easier way to figure if it is abandoned. If there is a "los Tigres del Norte" cassete on the dash, it is abandoned.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Has anyone been on the main trail of Lytle Creek in the past couple of days? I would just like to know how accessible it is because the pictures from Tony's thread looks to make for a challenging adventure. :)

·
Registered
138 Posts
1SikFJC said:
Has anyone been on the main trail of Lytle Creek in the past couple of days? I would just like to know how accessible it is because the pictures from Tony's thread looks to make for a challenging adventure. :)
Dress In Layers and bring your tow strap

1 - 20 of 26 Posts