FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Ordinary Extraordinaire
8,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well we left about 10 am to meet Bradah Pete aka Itzdbom on the blue at Bass Pro. He flew out from Hawaii to do his annual mecca to visit family and hit Vegas for the new year, he did the math and it was cheaper to ship his vehicle than to rent a car for a month so we got to see his new toy, 500GT mustang Shelby Cobra, Saweet ride. We ate at the Islamorada fish company, the Bass pro restaurant. HOLY HELL it was awesome. We perused the store for awhile and I offered to let him ride with us but he dint want to leave his baby there so me and the fam ran it ourselves. It took almost a half hour to get from bass pro to the sierra exit. Man I feel for the folks that were going all the way to the big hills, had to be at least a 6 hour drive. First major encounter was on the one lane spot next to the creek bed that we had that jeep back up on the last time we went, A freaking Winnebago with like 10 rides stuck behind it met us half way and there was no option but to back up the whole way. that was fun. Then we got to the open area just past the one lane and cut straight across. I was being super slow cause Maui was with us and I dint want to bounce too much, he's only 2 months old. I didn't air down so once we hit the ice crusted snow I was having a heck of a time going up hill. Chains would of been Ideal. Big rubber lugs are no substitute for chains. We muscled our way up digging and rocking a lot and did a 180 engine revved power slide to point Kobuta downhill and got out to play in the snow. Lia has never been sledding so i stopped at reI before we left Rancho Cucamonga. a freaking saucer sled cost 30 bucks! Still totally worth it. Heres some family heavy pics.

License plate is Keepupk Keep up k! hahah

the standoff

amazing floating snow chunk

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
581 Posts
What no picture's of turn around ;D

·
Santiago Peak Tour Guide
11,488 Posts
Yeah me and the family went up to Big Bear Sat early early morning(4am) and didn`t have any problem getting up there. We spent the day tubing and having a great time. we left about 4 pm and headed down it was a total traffic jam from the 330 all the way to the top, I even hit traffic comin down. Very deep snow but the roads were perfectly clear. I can`t figure out why someone would get in stopped bumper to bumper traffic just to go up to the snow. If I came up on that kind of traffic Big Bear would have to wait for another day.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I'm jealous, i really wanted to get out there in the snow when it was deep. Apparently , you won the standoff? the jeep just vanished...

·
Registered
4,508 Posts
Visited Moab on my way from SoCal to NJ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We are southwest of you in Tropic Utah

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using FJCForums

·
Registered
3,143 Posts
What the hell??? I posted this on another forum through stupid tapatalk and for some reason it ended up here??? Weird

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts