FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
12-21-08 pinyon canyon borrego
Some friends and I went out to Borrego Sunday to poke around and wound up on pinyon canyon. The trail is a black diamond and as of sunday it had 4-8" of snow on it, which added to the difficulty as you can imagine. rock + snow=no traction.

My FJ at the squeeze

Xterras

my friend Brian (Syndicate) at the drop off.

Oz at drop off:

me at drop off

last obstacle:

Very difficult trail.
there are more pics on ruggedrocksoffroad.com but i think these pretty much capture the trip. This trail demands skids , locker and rails. The snow covered desert made for great pics and a great day. Don't think i'LL be rushing back to this one soon though. I got a lil' carnage.

·
Registered
7,003 Posts
those xterras look pretty damn sweet, i give you props for running this trail in the snow, talk about pucker factor!! :eek:

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah the unpredictability of snow, mud, and ice on rocks certainly increased the pucker factor. My Friends have nice Xterras..but they're still just xterras! j/k

thanks!

·
Registered
60 Posts
phulcrum said:
yeah the unpredictability of snow, mud, and ice on rocks certainly increased the pucker factor. My Friends have nice Xterras..but they're still just xterras! j/k

thanks!
lol!!! Ok know this when i say this! TOYOTA IS THE ONLY WAY TO GO!!!! but before you diss nissan like i did check out my buddy's rig! this is at the hammers! now this is a nissan!
http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=744752

1 - 5 of 5 Posts