FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm pressed for time, but I wanted to start this thread so everyone knows where to post.

Thanks to everyone that came out and made this a great success. And my sincerest apologies to anyone that showed up after 3:00 to find everyone gone.

I will add more later.

·
Premium Member
1,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: 12/20/08 Toys for Tots Gathering and Lyttle Creek

All in all, we had between 30 and 40 FJs show up, and 50+ people..

The front row...

And the back...

And three examples of why I don't usually photograph people...
Kramer

Piper

And FunJunkie.. Honestly, I have a retarded cousin that looks less.. Well.. Less retarded. LOL

Keep in mind, it isn't that they are retards, it's that when it comes to shooting people, I'M one. I have horrible timing!!!

·
Registered
3,586 Posts

Well, I showed up a little after 12:30. I met with a HUGE number of Fj's in the parking lot, went in and dropped off the toy, then talked FJs with the rest of the folks. It sure was great seeing all the usual faces and meeting new ones!

So, we get in the FJs and head toward the mountain. As soon as we got off the freeway we stopped for gas. Man, that wind was COLD!!! After everyone was fueled up, we went into Lytle Creek. At the Ranger Station is when we get our first glimpse of snow. Not 1 mile later, we are driving in it.

Blue Thingy was in front of me in his 4x2, and he got sideways a couple of times. I never really did. But when he got to a point where he couldn't go around another car (just spun his wheels), I decided it would be a good idea for me to call it.

I wasn't having any problems, but I didn't want to chance it. Or you could say I chickened out ;D Besides, it was getting late, and I didn't want to get any of that water on the road to freeze....that would be fun for about a minute.

I had a great time today. I look forward to our next get together!!

·
Registered
69 Posts

This was my first meet and trail run since I joined the forums and it was an absolute blast. I wasn't planning on going on the trail run but FunJunkie convinced me with like 3 sentences. ??? So I was totally unprepared. No recover gear, no CB, not even a jacket, but it didn't matter since everyone else was prepared. I got stuck trying to back out of the traffic jam in reverse since I didn't try AMSW FJ's U-turn technique but FunJunkie unstuck my rig with his own u-turn technique and got me situated. Thanks again to everyone who helped me get unstuck!

I had a pic just like FJDave so I decided for a different angle:

Pics from the trail run:

The traffic jam:

I'll post 2 videos after they finish processing.

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
Lytle Creek (Post Christmas Party)

Great to head out to Lytle today. It had plenty of snow and the weather was relatively tame. We did run into a traffic jam at upper Lytle. Snow got packed down into ice and it was just tough going. Multiple vehicles had to be winched and there was very little room. Just turning around was an ordeal. Through all that, it was fun to be out in the snow and throw a few snow ball :). Lots of incredible rigs and this modding thing seem to never end. I keep getting new ideas...

Here are some pics.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts

Great pics as usual Tony! Man, that snow is PACKED in that rim!!

Topics merged to avoid confusion.

·
Registered
402 Posts
haha looks like you guys had fun, Im kinda bumed i didnt go on the trail but I had to be back in time for my soccer game, which i think was the right choice since I scored the equilizing goal in the last 5 minuets. But Hey i may head up there for the monday run, And i think it will be snowing up there monday, or possible raining, forcast has a snowlevel somewhere around 4-5k. Nice to meet you guys, It will take a week or so untill I can look at my "virgin" fj with some dignity lol.

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
Thanks Dave. Actually what happens is that I take a ton of pics and hope a few will shake out. :D Kind of like my posts, but don't tell anyone. ;D

·
Registered
581 Posts
now thats funny ;D ;D thanks for posting ,with that much action in rear we might have 6 wheeled twins

·
Ordinary Extraordinaire
8,396 Posts
Some of the loot raised for the charity

Now we come to NAME THAT RIG!! heres a pic of all the rides that were there when i was taking pics, If yours isn't there I appologise. I know some of em but I figure it will be fun to let ya all name them like a game. Pic one and put a name and or owner to it. Only way you can repost a rig pic that someone already answered is if they are wrong or left out either the rig name or the owner name/forumname

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

1 - 20 of 46 Posts