FJ Cruiser Forum banner

2008/12/19-22 Unknown Trails in Joshua Tree NP

1K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  RioDEW 
#1 ·
I will be out in Joshua Tree from December 19 through December 22 and willbe running some trails in the area during then. This will be a stock FJ and stock Jeep friendly run and any suggestions on trails would be great since I am not familiar with Joshua Tree. It would be nice if some SoCal FJCruiser members would join in on the fun and maybe lead the way but if not, we'll manage. Hope to see you all there... ;D

#3 ·
Re: j-tree

Best thing to do is talk to the rangers once you arrive and get some suggestions from them. Take the Geology tour, that one is pretty easy (or at least it was the last time I was on it) and should be no problem for an FJ or Jeep. You can take it all the way into Coachella if you want to.

The Old Dale (I think that's what it was called) Road was pretty mellow as well and takes you through some scenic areas.

#5 ·
Re: j-tree

if you stick to the trails that are in the park, and that the park shows on their maps, you should be good to go. Venturing up to the hills where the mines are could result in greater difficulty, with single track trails that are very rocky, have drop offs, and are what I would call difficult.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.