FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
3,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got some damn good rain last night and this morning! First time in a long time the canyon has gotten a nice flash flood.

Met GSJ in back, then Mudloving showed up just a little bit later. Chit chatted a bit then played around in the giganto puddle. Then the sheriff expedition rolled up and told us to leave for standing around and talking.. blah blah blah..

A Rover

Mudloving

·
Registered
69 Posts
Re: 08/12/15 Holy Muddy Jim

I was just thinking about how deep the first mud pit must be! Awesome pics! I'll be skipping that monster pit! I hope I can run the entire trail tomorrow after work without getting stopped if it isn't raining.

·
Registered
376 Posts
I want to bring a shovel and make the edges of the bowl higher so it will be deeper!!!

How was the level of the creek?

·
Banned
3,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
jrock said:
I want to bring a shovel and make the edges of the bowl higher so it will be deeper!!!

How was the level of the creek?
Creek was empty when i got there, but earlier in the morning on my way to corona i went through the canyon and the water was moving!! I imagine the creek in HJ was moving pretty good!

·
Registered
7,003 Posts
damn dom those lights are bright hahah, that 4 runner looked like it got swallowed up very nice! i should have figured you guys would be at holy jim, i took the day off and went down to walker evans to drop off the shocks for rebuild, hopefully have them on by saturday, dom pm your number, i was going to call you today for a holy jim run but i forgot i dont have your number haha

·
Registered
69 Posts
Went out to HJT right after work yesterday and got there around 3:30pm or so and had some fun running through the mud puddles. I skipped the main entrance mud pit especially after seeing some Jeep Cherokee or something stuck in it with a guy standing on the roof getting help out.

Here are some clips I took of just the mudding portion... The high quality version is much clearer to see but I can't embed that one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nS61se3KSO0

I also didn't run into any sheriffs out there.

·
Banned
3,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You girl dave!

Just spent an hour + there playin, fixing a damn chevy and pullin out an xterra.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Trying to fix the budget around here. We are paying way too much for everything, and it has caught up to, and passed us. So we have been busy all day lowering our packages, getting rid of channels and cable boxes, etc. It's hard to do, but it has to be done. The mud will be there Friday.

Tomorrow, more Mustang time though. No time for wheeling. We almost got the steering column done, and all that crap-ton of superfluous wiring under the dash and hood are gone. With any luck, I'll be driving it to the next meet we have (that doesn't entail an off-road adventure).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts