FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
-so came to do some shots of a local fav spot, Irvine Lake...after doin so, i kept looking at the trails that led to the top of the mtn tops...i talked to a few of my local lake buddies who live there, and said they'd take me there...along the way were a few "ponds" to trout fish- no takers, but i was a definate taker for this run...gona do it again soon, the people who lived there were getting ready for this upcoming storm, using up sand bags and more.

shot of the lake earlier in the day while fishin- (see those trails up there, and the top of the far ridge?)

then saw this osprey with a trout in his claws! (teaser) somewhat sayin- go up higher...to get your fish! lol

after about a 30 min drive from lake...ahh closer view-

and here we are nearing the top (my bud, whitney in his well able toy truck)

i dig this angle...we stopped by a burned section of the forest---

right near the stop- Whitney wanted to hit one of the iced over puddles-

sure there will be plenty of this, once this rain storm comes thru...looked like alot of the people who live there were already getting ready for floods, with sand bags and more-

up at the top now, looking over-

-not a bad day of fishing and a traili'n-

;)

·
Registered
287 Posts
Re: 2008/14/12- Irvine lake to fish-ended up at the top of the silverado canyons

looks like you had fun... sorry i couldn't make it out... i had work today... and i need all the money i can make right now...

scott

·
Registered
7,003 Posts
Re: 2008/14/12- Irvine lake to fish-ended up at the top of the silverado canyons

looking good how did the new suspension setup feel up there? day and night huh?

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

fjessence- seriousLY day and night difference, I'm completely satisfied. Was very comfortable, but not too comfortably soft- especially with some of the technical stuff and whoops/drops..and on the daily, no turning back, stock what? -near the beginning of the trail-a bunch of rovers were testing/photo'n, and i came and rolled right through-I got into some of their photos...all fun!

I'd recommend the ToyTec product to anyone looking for an performance coilover kit, at a very reasonable cost/install-SupremePower

·
Santiago Peak Tour Guide
11,488 Posts

I go up there all the time. I live about 15 minutes from the trail. I was just parked next to that puddle on Saturday and it was starting to ice over. I got as high as four corners and couldn`t see 5 feet in front of me had to turn around. I was trying to go to skyline dr. but felt it wasn`t safe not being able to see. There are trails all over in there you can go all the way down to Wildomar / Ortega highway when the gates are all open, Maybe we can meet up some day and try to go to Ortega my son has a jeep and he would definatly like to tag along.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts