FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Santiago Peak Tour Guide
11,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I heard that the gates were open I decided to take a trip in there before the next rains come in. There has been alot of work done on that trail since the last time I was there. I got up to Four Corners and decided to head toward skyline dr. at the interestion going to skyline dr and Bedford rd. I bumped into a Volunteer Ranger on a motor cycle we chatted for about 10 minutes and I found out that skyline dr. gate still requires a key to get in its still $100 deposit and if you want to keep your key the following year they just keep your deposit. Its not $100.00 a year like I had been told. At anytime you don`t want your key anymore you can just turn it in and they will give you back your $100. After talking I decided to go down to bedford and air up and take the 15 home. I was out there for about 3 hours. Most of the little side challenges are closed now there are a couple I found that were not. You can see plenty of burn areas lots of trees scorched. Further towards Bedford it looks like someone took a giant weed wacker and literally shredded acres of what i`m guessing was chaparel. Looks really bad to me. Anyway I had a good time and it was great to finally get back in Silverado.

·
Banned
3,370 Posts
Re: Went to Silverado Canyon today.

The volunteer lied to ya.

all gates are open except madjeska.

·
Santiago Peak Tour Guide
11,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Went to Silverado Canyon today.

That sucks about him lieing to me because I was originally going to skyline I wanted to see beeks place and everything but I didn`t want to double back.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts