FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so who is camping, lets see a show of hands, maybe we can get a group site, and do a Berdoo Canyon run, so lets see who is up for Saturday.

·
Ordinary Extraordinaire
8,396 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Brooklyn Mine Trail Joshua Tree 12/7 Camping thread

FunJunkie said:
HAND UP! not sure when we will get there but we will just be sleeping in the truck so any spot will do, no need to pay for a spot if there is an abandoned parking lot or even just some random spot of dirt. ;D
Dirt is fine be me too, but since it would be hard for everybody to find each other, I figure maybe Sheeps Pass group camp might do.

COme on, you gotta join us, throw back a few.

·
Registered
200 Posts

Our hands are up. Now just have to figure out where everyone will be mid to late Sat. morning.

·
NOT a moderator!
3,224 Posts

FunJunkie said:
HAND UP! not sure when we will get there but we will just be sleeping in the truck so any spot will do, no need to pay for a spot if there is an abandoned parking lot or even just some random spot of dirt. ;D
Who's we? The whole family? ;D

·
Premium Member
2,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Here's is the campgrounds map. I was thinking we could choose one of these.

·
NOT a moderator!
3,224 Posts

Spertierra, Didn't you mention something about pulling up in a canyon on BLM land? Where is the BLM land?

·
Registered
1,214 Posts

still not sure if im heading out saturday but I did call Joshua tree park service to inform them that we're coming ;D and about camp reservations. they said all there camp sites are first come first serve basis and there largest camp site is "jumbo rocks" so if you guys wanna head out there early sat to save some spots for others that'll be great. heres some pics of us at jumbo rock last year so you'll have an idea how it looks ;D

·
NOT a moderator!
3,224 Posts

All of the group camps have been reserverd already. I doubt that we'll find something in jumbo Rocks as it is the most popular and we'll be coming in on Saturday afternoon when most people that camp there will arrive on Friday evening or Saturday morning.

Lucas and I just tested things out and we'll be sleeping in the FJ so as long as we can double up vehicles in the camp sites, We can stay with someone that gets an actual site.

·
Premium Member
2,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

The 4 areas to the south are where I was thinking, the are actually closer to the Dale mining district. The area to the NE of the 10 is where I've camped before. What do you guys think.

·
NOT a moderator!
3,224 Posts

The BLM land beneath Cottonwood is at the other end of the park from where we're meeting in the morning right? I am fine with that as long as we can do fires and all be close to each other to pound a few back. ;D Is it just open area camping or are there designated sites with fire rings? Can we just round the rigs up Conestoga Wagon like with the fire in the middle? That would be awesome!

·
Valet 4 Life
4,177 Posts

So the place we are meeting up at on sunday is called the west entrance right. if i am able to get out of working sat. i would be willing to try to find a camp ground in the morning how manny people are camping

·
NOT a moderator!
3,224 Posts

spertierra said:
The 4 areas to the south are where I was thinking, the are actually closer to the Dale mining district. The area to the NE of the 10 is where I've camped before. What do you guys think.
C'mon everyone? Where are we camping? I say we try this:

Option A: someone sohw up at jumbo rocks and see if we can get enough spots close together

if not

Option B: see if we can get enough spots at Cottonwood

if not

Option C: BLM land south of JT, it'll be a drive in the morning to meet up at the Visitor Center but it is what it is...

So the questions:

What time is everyone planning on being there Saturday? The earliest few will be responsible for saving enough sites or moving on to the next CG

The rules of the campgrounds are max: 2 vehicles 3 tents and 6 people

Lucas and I are planning to be at JT at noon on Saturday, we can share a site and will sleep in the FJ

Spertierra, can you update the OP to reflect whos camping + guest count, expected eta and if they are willing to share a site?

·
Ordinary Extraordinaire
8,396 Posts
1 - 20 of 23 Posts