FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
NOT a moderator!
3,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is the Report for the H535 Group!

If you were part of H535 group and got pics, post them up. Some one on the FJamming group please start a different report thread.

Please PM me your name if you are ??? listed below.

Group 1 Attendees:
H535
FJ-Piper
busta3396
MudLovingFJ
mattmainster
DominicG
JRock
Skersfan
Eagle Scout
Reese

Report will come later tonight...

Introduction:

Trail Run:

Trail Summary:

Test Results:

Photos:

·
Registered
124 Posts
Wow Piper nice pics. Did you upload these on the drive home!?

·
NOT a moderator!
3,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hahaha, Well we only had to drive to Big Bear. Thanks again Brian for fearlessly leading us on an awesome trail run. We Piper's really had a lot of fun. Tony, thanks for setting up the trail run, it was a great choice.

·
Registered
995 Posts
I was part of this group too. Had fun with everyone! ;D

·
Registered
124 Posts
FJ-Piper said:
Hahaha, Well we only had to drive to Big Bear. Thanks again Brian for fearlessly leading us on an awesome trail run. We Piper's really had a lot of fun. Tony, thanks for setting up the trail run, it was a great choice.
The fam and I had a blast and it was great meeting some new people and catching up with the usual suspects. Looking at those pics of Mud and Dominic it's no wonder Dom had mud leaking out the INSIDE of his FJ!

·
Registered
4,309 Posts
FJ-Piper said:
this picture is very cool! just something about it, vehicle placement, colors....nice shot!
ALL the pics are making me jealous. looks like a FUN day and that trail has now been added to my TO-DO list.

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
There was an interest check (Play in the rain) for a trip to Big Bear area for some moderate trailing, some mud, and hope for snow. Well, no snow, but there was plenty of mud and plenty of great trails. 20 FJs signed up for the trip and we met at the Mc Donalds on I-15 at 9am. What a great group of guys! Everyone got there on time and was ready to go. Thanks to H535, we were able to split the groups into 2 for less congestion on the trail. There were quite a few veterans to off roading so the trip went very smooth and no one had any mechanical issues.

Foggy early morning start. Visibility was pretty bad at 7:30am.

Staging up.

H535's group at trailhead.

The trail started on the north side of Silverwood lake, then it merged with Pilot Rock. We did all the options on Pilot Rock and it was a blast! Pilot Rock connected with 173 and we travelled on 173 for a couple of miles before we joined Willow Creek Trail (3N34Y?). That trail sometimes is called Jeep Trail. I can never figure out why...

!Cruiser!'s nice TT with Kaymar rear bumper/hitch mount. on Pilot Rock.

Jerroranda

Jeff from Intense Fab. Next time I want a ride Jeff!

Fjamming, Johnwohn, and !Cruiser! taking the hard line ;)

·
Registered
3,519 Posts

Relaxing at the Rock :)

A little posing :D

WCT is a fun trail with a lot of ruts and big holes that gets you on 3 wheels. It was fun playing in the ruts with JohnWohn. I've always wanted to try and finally got the chance. Bottom of WCT is a watercrossing. Quite a few pictures were taken there. PBstriker stalled crossing. Maybe sucked in some water. CADavebert pull him out of the water and eventually he was able to start it back up :bigthumbs:. Woots, no trail repair.

3 wheeling!

At the watercrossing, I told the guys to wait up so I can take some shots. John and Jeff just couldn't wait and had to cross the stream before I was ready :D. I didn't get any shots of you guys.

!Cruiser!

Jerroranda

Freshchip

GTKrockeTT

CADavebert

Pbstriker almost made it :D

Stalled and wouldn't start. Davebert to the rescue. :bigthumb:

What's a little incident if we can't all make fun of him? :D FJ owners and even a few bikers. :lol:

He was able to start it back up after a while.

Darn... can't remember who's rig is this.

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
WCT continues to 2N28Y which was very rocky and had several fun hill climbs. Everyone made it up without issues. Busta in the stocker did great too! At the end of 2N28Y, there was a fun option that curves around a hill and had some nasty ruts. Some spotting were needed there. Basically it's 3 wheeling action for a good 10-15 feet :). KingCong tested his inclinometer there :lol:. From 2N28Y we took the option of going on 2N27Y which is most difficult (black diamond). It was fun and again, no issues from anyone. 2N27Y merges with 3N34 and continues to Dishpan Trail. We arrived at the entrance of Dishpan around 2pm so we didn't venture into it. Took some photos and relaxed a bit before heading into Arrowhead for food.

John followed me most of the day.

Here's a fun section at the fork of 2N28Y and 2N27Y. Coming up a crest and you'll hit a hard left that will make a S shape descent. You need to drop into and straddle the rut to curve around and get down. If you stay off the rut and try to make the turn, you have a very good chance of falling into the rut while being off camber when you make the right turn in the S turn-not a good thing.

GTKrockeTT demonstrating good technique.

Rear wheel comes up high and fast if you're even slightly off the line.

Yeehaw!

Hehe

Kingcong testing the limit :D

Woah!

On to Dishpan trailhead!

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
The waterhole at Dishpan entrance.

Thanks to H535 for the advance warning about how crowded Arrowhead Village is, we decided to skip it and head into Crestline and to Lake Gregory for food. I think the restaurant was called Billy Bear. Can't remember :D As we're getting to the restaurant, H535 rolled in and joined us :). A great day of wheeling and a very nice meal to wrap it up. :) Thank you all for making the trip so great!

See you guys next time!

1 - 20 of 51 Posts