FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i'm a nooob here- what better way to introduce than a trail run with some friends at Red Rock State Park-
Went out there w/ fellow member scott/fjcdznutz- enjoy the photoshoot experience! Photos can tell the stories (somewhat!)

dig this shot-

on the way there

Richard and the boys-

scott on 3!

tetsu

billske

more to come-

·
Deutschbag Moderator
7,394 Posts
Re: 11/28-11/29 Red Rock State Park

I always wanted to go there, always drive by. What wheels are those?

·
Registered
7,003 Posts

i believe those are rota grids, pics look awesome always loved those old range rovers

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

fjessence said:
i believe those are rota grids, pics look awesome always loved those old range rovers
Correct on the wheels, thanks fjessence! Old rovers kick butt too!

more pics from this past weekend- (sorry, think some of my photos up top were outta sync-was tired)

next day-

·
NOT a moderator!
3,224 Posts

Very nice. I've been wanting to head there for some time now to check it out. Thanks for the insight, it looks fun!

·
Registered
287 Posts

had a blast up there... i really need to get my lights wired so i can enjoy the nightrun much better... next time hopefully we can find nightmare gulch...

scott

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

FJ-Piper said:
Very nice. I've been wanting to head there for some time now to check it out. Thanks for the insight, it looks fun!
was alot of fun, lots of riders out there too- all good.

FJCDZNUTZ said:
had a blast up there... i really need to get my lights wired so i can enjoy the nightrun much better... next time hopefully we can find nightmare gulch...

scott
Yah, so you can be like Richard at night! lolz thought it was daylight with his lights on- hit me up, or come by- get that situated for our next excursion!-h

·
Registered
8 Posts

That was a fun trip and the first of many more.

FJCDZNUTZ said:

scott
I found the coordinates to Nightmare on another forum I post on so we are G2G for the next trip.

BTW - do you have any extra gas? ;D

·
Registered
1,214 Posts

nice run guys. I was actually planning out a trip second half of january since nightmare is only open 3-4th week of every month.

the trails im trying to do is nightmare gulch,opal cyn,last chance cyn,burro schmidt tunnel. lmk if you guys are interested? ;D

·
Registered
8 Posts

Mikescruiser said:
nice run guys. I was actually planning out a trip second half of january since nightmare is only open 3-4th week of every month.

the trails im trying to do is nightmare gulch,opal cyn,last chance cyn,burro schmidt tunnel. lmk if you guys are interested? ;D
I've done them all many times sans Nightmare Gulch. Of the ones I have done Opal Canyon is the one that makes my butt pucker just thinking about it. Two spots are sketchy. Have you done Opal before?

·
Registered
1,214 Posts

MuddyMudskipper said:
I've done them all many times sans Nightmare Gulch. Of the ones I have done Opal Canyon is the one that makes my butt pucker just thinking about it. Two spots are sketchy. Have you done Opal before?
no, never been there :D

·
Registered
8 Posts

Mikescruiser said:
no, never been there :D
Its kind of mental, especially the first obstacle/climb which is near vertical (my hands are sweating as I type this). The first section is very fun and challenging.

Here are some pics from the trip I did last December. Link The pics hardly convey how the trail actually is, but...(sorry if its Rover laden)

·
Ordinary Extraordinaire
8,396 Posts
1 - 20 of 26 Posts