FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
3,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm leaving in 5ish minutes to go to holy jim, should be there before 2315.

I'll be on CB channel 5.

I'm just gonna slosh around in the puddles and leaveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Re: holy jim... right now

DominicG said:
I'm leaving in 5ish minutes to go to holy jim, should be there before 2315.

I'll be on CB channel 5.

I'm just gonna slosh around in the puddles and leaveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.
Just spent 2 hours there. Got chased out by the cops. They had a 4x4 excursion out there in the off-trails...

·
Banned
3,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

just got back!

COPS!!!

I hit the puddle twice, saw some lights in the creek bed, so i got the hell out of there.

Puddle is nice and deep ;D

·
Registered
376 Posts

busta3396 said:
You may want to reconsider posting on the forums before you go to holy jim lol.
Hmm... I doutbt it was the forums that prompted their presence. Most likely it was the 50 plus trucks running like mad throughout the place. And some genius who was driving dirtbikes and quads in the front parking lot...

·
Registered
402 Posts

Stuff like that makes me understand why they closed down all the forest routes, its a shame but I guess this is the reality of having such a high human population here.

·
Registered
376 Posts

And then you get people like this...

Who do stupid things and leave their rigs out in the forest when they break down...

Serrated the entire spindle from the upper and lower ball joints, ripped the ball joint from the socket. Anyone want some free 35's???

Then there is me, teaching scuba lessons...

·
Banned
3,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

hahahaha

There is always some idiot that goes to holy jim, thinking his street queen full size lifted truck will survive a fire road :D :D

·
Registered
1,291 Posts

Went to HJ to check things out today around noon time. It was all crowded as hell. Spent about 40 min there working on my deep water treading. And hit a lot of the deep mud pits. It was pooring rain when I was there. I am starting to dislike my mud tires. They stick to much in the mud and even in 2wd I just plow through it all, all to easy. No cops when I was there. As I was leaving and passing pass cooks corner I spotted a sherrif in a blazer with a wench turning down live oak. I was going like 25mph and had 5 rigs infront of me and had another 4 behind me. That is just too many people at one time. I did see a total built Camburg F150 that was bad ass. And some tweeker in a minivan was trying to show up everyone there. So that made for a fun time to watch. Then spotted the usuall 10 or so FJ's up in their. Got waves from all them. And saw a bunch of rigs being towed put. Scarry to! Cheers.

·
Banned
3,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

I just got back again!

Pulled in and went straight for the puddle in back. Got there, stuck silverado. Spent an hour, thigh high in muddy water trying to find a tow hook or at least a strong point to tow from.

ended up using the frame. The truck had ZERO tow hooks!

Then a ranger died and he got towed out to the street.

FUN FUN.

·
Registered
69 Posts

After reading this thread in the morning I headed out to HJT and got there at 8am in hopes of running the entire trail this time and it was a blast! The trail was moist which kept the dust away and there was pockets of mud everywhere. I ran the entire trail and even ran into an FJ on the way out. He wasn't a forum member but he had a VDB with a stock roof rack with HID's on the rack and on his front ARB bumper. We chatted for a bit about how he had fender tear from vibration and how he has a cabin on HJT.

I didn't bring my camera mount so I had to hand-video tape, and now I wish I had brought the mount since it was fun as hell out there.

Here are a few videos and pics I took:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1YxySIuxdw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UA_JnZUrRpw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evN3H1zVv8A

On the last video I almost thought I lost enough momentium that I was going to stop towards the end of the pit.

BTW, the truck with the missing tire was still there...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts