FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
3,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry for not warning you guys about it. I ditched class today and just went up :D

I used the Silverado canyon gate, and took it all the way to the Santiago/Silverado/Corona/Madjeska juntion. All gates were open except the Madjeska gate.

There were a couple of burn area's on the way up to the junction, and sometrail repair and block offs. Seems the volunteers have been working hard.

Trail is extremely easy. The only problem is some parts are very very rocky.. sharp rocks! So stock tires will get torn the heck up IMO.

Corona/Beeks trail

An iffy sign..

First tower

Peak

Total distance from the peak to the silverado canyon gate: 12.51 miles (ignore top speed... :D)

·
Santiago Peak Tour Guide
11,488 Posts
Re: Santiago Peak 11-24

Dom did you say silverdado canyon gate is open??? about time. was the trail overgrown at all? Its been closed so long I was thinking maybe the road going up just past the gate would be a little narrow. I may go for a ride up there tommorrow after work.

·
Banned
3,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Santiago Peak 11-24

Sanderhawk said:
Dom did you say silverdado canyon gate is open??? about time. was the trail overgrown at all? Its been closed so long I was thinking maybe the road going up just past the gate would be a little narrow. I may go for a ride up there tommorrow after work.
Yup ;D

The offshoots are all overgrown and closed off now by the forest service. There are a lot of metal barriers up there to keep people on the trail.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts