FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
NOT a moderator!
3,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Write-up coming soon, enjoy the pics for now...

Introduction:

Trail Run: I am trying to find the name of this trail and am not having much luck. However I can tell you that the turn of is on West Phillips Drive about 1/2 mile from where it connects to Mule Canyon Road. As noted in the map image below, I believe we should've taken the yellow trail but did the red one instead.

Trail Summary:

Test Results: Cobra 148 GTL CB - major improvement over the 75 WX. Audio quality was outstanding and the ANB and Squelch worked really well. I am pleased

Photos:I hope you enjoy them...

·
NOT a moderator!
3,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: 2008/11/23 - monniepoo Calico Run

Remains of an accident we passed by on our way to Peggy Sues

Monica taking some photos

·
NOT a moderator!
3,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Left to right: Sean (monniepoo's), Hannah (FJ-Piper's) and Ryan (FJ4Fun's)

·
NOT a moderator!
3,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

No camera tilt here, that is all Jeff!

Dave, realizing we're in a jam and looking for another way out. Then the light bulb goes on...

·
NOT a moderator!
3,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

This is where we could not progress forward in the FJ Cruisers. Notice Dave's FJ40 that has already cleared this
area. He was the one that pulled us up and over the canyon wall to bypass the tight squeeze.

Dave's FJ40 ahead of the pack. This is where he backed up to get on top of the canyon wall.

·
Registered
3,519 Posts

Wow, what pics! That's hardcore. Tight places huh? Is this Doran?

·
NOT a moderator!
3,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

Ya Tony, it was tight! Real tight... :eek: I'm trying to find out the name of the actual trail it was and will state it in the OP.

·
Registered
3,519 Posts

Did everyone get winched up that hill? Is it just not possible to get up?

·
NOT a moderator!
3,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

Fjamming said:
Did everyone get winched up that hill? Is it just not possible to get up?

Hahahaha! It was too narrow at that point for FJ Cruisers unless you wanted SERIOUS body damage and there was no turning around. Luckily Daves FJ-40 was in front and he went around the back side and found a way up that hill, dropped a tow strap and yanked us all up. I broke my front axle so my pull took the longest. It was a wicked day and had I not brought Hannah, I would've truly enjoyed it. We were making jokes about your avatar on this one, it was steep, REAL steep. Definitely past the Oh Crap! mark but no-one thought to take a pic of their inclinometer.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts