FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
3,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went on a John Bull run organized by LonelyDriver and led by JDemello.

It was sick. The trail was fairly difficult, and without spotters most likely impossible for me. I plan on returning though!

Thanks a lot to Tankota and Demello, and Wyatt for the awesome spotting.

First, some of my pics. I did not take a lot surprisingly. this trail required attention!

Eagle Scout stuck.. We all got stuck here. It was the supposed "easy line", but was actually the hard one :D

Ripped my corner piece off where we all got stuck

Pointman 0, tree 1

http://www.vimeo.com/2318546
http://www.vimeo.com/2318682

·
Registered
995 Posts
Re: John Bull (3N10) 11-22

Nice Pics Dom! Yeah we both got stuck and we both messed up our rear bumper wings. It was a fun time and met a lot of great people.

·
Santiago Peak Tour Guide
11,488 Posts

I want to try those trails I just need to get armor plated underneath first. Gold mountain up there put a few huge dents under there so john bull would probly kill it.

·
Banned
3,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Sanderhawk said:
I want to try those trails I just need to get armor plated underneath first. Gold mountain up there put a few huge dents under there so john bull would probly kill it.
All i have is a front skid and sliders. That is all you need if you have someone that knows how to spot.

·
Registered
3,519 Posts

Hey, cool, you can embed Vimeo?! That video of Jason is hilarious. So Dom, you think the trail is fine with just front skids? I thought that might be the case, but never asked.

·
Banned
3,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

Yup, i used my front skid and crossmember a lot!

I even got some nice scratches/chunks on my front LCA's rest of the frame.

Pointman used his full bud's a lot, but he was super super low to the ground.

·
Registered
909 Posts
Tony most trails are okay with out skids if you have lifted the vehicle, but there is always the chance that it isn't. I would not run that trail without all skids, and sliders. Mine took quite a few hits, but I do not think I did any damage to skids, I was stuck in a very difficult area there, but no dents or scratches that I can see. I only had one dent from the hammers, but my sliders were bent nearly up into the doors from the slams. If it is a black diamond trail you need all sliders.

·
Registered
55 Posts

lonelydriver said:
Had a Blast!

Heres Tankota spotting us thru the tippy section b/w the two trees.
Ha, that's a great vid, she screamed right when she was supposed to! ;D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts