FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The trail gaits are open. I am running this trail tonight. North main divide off of ortega to the top of saddleback and back down. Anyone interested in joining is welcome. CB ch 5, hopefully be near the trail enterance by 5pm, running the trail in reverse in the dark. and suggestions on a meeting place off the freeway?

Joey

·
Banned
3,370 Posts
Re: 11/13 Santiago Peak night run

Joey i hope your not referring to the silverado canyon gate...

I was just there, and found this:

·
Registered
7,003 Posts

dom you would be driving around up there on a work day, lucky!

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Sorry this got thrown together so fast. As I posted, the gait is open at main divide and indian truck trail. Silverado is still closed. The peak is accesable only if you go off ortega. I am leaving my house right now, will stop for food and gas and be on my way up ortega.

CB CH 5!!!

See you at the top??

·
Registered
3,586 Posts

So, you don't wanna drive 75 miles for a last minute night run Mike? ;D I agree....there will always be another run....like Monday for example. You may hafta take a sick day Mike!

·
NOT a moderator!
3,224 Posts

FunJunkie said:
I would of, gas is dirt cheap and I coulda made it, but the time I left work tonight, there was no word yet. And since i got home there's no leaving again. lockdown ;D
Mike, You do understand that this is a road you could drive a lowerd Honda Civic on right?

Joey, I'm sorry, I wouldv'e done this in a heartbeat but I was working. Lastnight (the 13th) was the annual Boys and Girls Club of Carson Auction and i set up and tear down all of the computer systems that we use to check-in/check-out and conduct the auction. I just walked in the door at 12:30 AM on the 14th.

Dom, didn't you read my post that said Main Divide is not completely open yet and won't be for another month? Silverado Canyon side should be opening again soon.

·
Ordinary Extraordinaire
8,396 Posts

Totally, I think I introduced a good handfull of folks to this trail. to me it's more Nostalgia as well as a reason to get out of the house. I've ran the road since back in '92 and it's been years since I've ridden it from elsinore to OC. I remember I ran it in a stock ford courier. man that was a fun night, and I never saw such a cool landscape, we were at santiago peak and all the clouds were below and it was a bright a$$ full moon as well. Of course I gotta run that one again. no weed this time though. lol ;D

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
NOT a moderator!
3,224 Posts

FunJunkie said:
no weed this time though. lol ;D
hahahah Ya, I hear ya. Well, I am available for a night run there, just let me know when. I'm tempted to go now... ;D

·
Ordinary Extraordinaire
8,396 Posts

Also went up there on a meteor shower and had one contact the hood. that was scary but awesome too. never found the meteor, only found the company boss asking how a big ass dent got on the hood. glad he never checked the underside damage, santiago used to be really unmanaged and in a stock littlewheel rig we really dragged the bottom to get there. :D

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
7,003 Posts

damnit funjunkie your avatar is getting me weird looks at work

·
Registered
1,291 Posts

hey funjunky. Nice Johnson! ;D. I thought you and I had a understanding we would not post pictures I Mudlovingfj any more. :D

1 - 20 of 21 Posts