FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
[EDIT] Meet time changed to 8 to take advantage of the time change this weekend and get out there earlier. If no other takers by tomorrow morning, we'll only be stopping for gas across the street from Target. Cruiser4 and I are meeting at 6:30 at the Best Buy at the 5 and Jamboree.

First meet at the Target at Bear Valley and Apple Vally roads, at 8 am. We'll head out from there and go straight to the trail. At 12/1, we can either have lunch on the trail, or head over to the campground.

If there is anyone going from the OC, we can set a time/place to meet for a caravan.

Google Map link...

from:El Camino Real to:34.470415, -117.243894 to:34.358051,-117.064283 - Google Maps

CB channel 5. PM me if you want my cell phone.

In general, the idea is to take the kids out on the trail. For "maintenance" we'll just be picking up trash and possibly raking the side trails. (I have this idea that we can rake them, which should camouflage them a bit, and then the winter rains will do the rest)

Also, I have some tid-bits and a container for creating a Socal FJ Cruisers Geocache out on our trail. I'm thinking of putting it on top of luna mountain (which means I have to hike up there, yay).

What say you? Anyone care to join? I believe it will be Molly and I for sure, and possibly Diane.

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
Re: Kids / Geocaching on 3N59A - November 2

this sounds like fun, but i can't make it this coming sunday. take pics to see how our "repairs" have held up? anyone want to take bets on whether or not our signs/poles at the main hill climb is still standing? ;D

·
Registered
7,003 Posts

damn wish i could make it out, mothers bday though.. :-\

·
Santiago Peak Tour Guide
11,488 Posts

I have been wanting to go out on that trail for awhile now but we are moving a three bedroom apt to a three bedroom condo on Nov 1 with 15 years of crap coming from my apt. so i`m pretty sure its going to hurt just to walk or breathe come sunday.

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Last call.

I've got Cruiser4 signed up via the other forum.

I'll check the site before I head out in the am, otherwise we'll skip the Target stop and just get gas across the street.

We've got a kit for placing a geocache, probably near luna.

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

The Geocache we placed has been submitted. It's waypoint ID is GC1HWGA. It should be published in the next couple days.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts