FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Re: Rodman Mountains trail report

Hey Mike...Is this 2wd friendly?

I would like to hit this up with you again.

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Re: Rodman Mountains trail report

im in as well!
trail looks like quite the scenic route.
have to tell my photographer friend to join. :]

·
Registered
114 Posts
This is a GREAT ride. I took it starting on the west side. Starting in Daggett where Pendleton turns into Camp Rock Rd. First time I did the trip I didnt finnish it because I was bitten by a speclked rattlesnake. Over by the Pitkin Cinder Mine. Its still an active mine where they mine volcanic cinder rock. If you guys remember that area, theres some cinder outcroppings with petroglyphs on them. Thats where I was bitten. No, I wasnt playing kissy-kissy with it! :eek: I went to take a picture of one of the drawings a little higher up on the rock and it came out of the shaddows and tagged my finger. Yeah, a helicopter trip to Loma Linda and three days but I kept my finger. Its a really great trip, especially on the west side. Theres a high walled canyon that a river wash meanders through thats really pretty.

·
Premium Member
1,813 Posts
I've wheeled out there before as well. Fun place and great scenery. LOTS to see and there are a few geocaches out there as well. Confusing as hell though due to the number of trails that intersect and little signage. Well worth the drive out there. :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts