FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
NOT a moderator!
Joined
·
3,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Horse Springs campground:
15 sites, $10 fee, vault toilets, no reservations

This campground is home base. FJamming's group from Target will meet up with everyone else at this campground at 10:00 AM on Saturday and from here we will head over to 3N59A with the ranger to conduct the assessment. Following the assessment, we will all meet back at the campground to have lunch and regroup for the other trail runs.

If you want to stay at Horse Springs, I will be heading up Friday evening and can save some sites for people if you want.

General Campground Information: San Bernardino National Forest Campgrounds and Camping

Confirmed:
FJ-Piper +3 (Fri,Sat)
FJ4Fun +3 (Fri,Sat)
xtr4x4 +1 (Fri,Sat)
tit-cruiser (Sat)

Directions:
  • 15 North exit Main in Hesperia
  • Head East on Main for about 7.2 miles
  • Turn left on Rock Springs Road for about 2.8 miles, road changes name to Roundup Way continue for about 4.3 miles
  • Turn right on Bowen Ranch Road and continue for about 2.1 miles
  • Bear left to Coxey Road for about 6.3 miles
  • Keep left to Horse Springs Road for about 1/2 mile
  • Arrive at Horse Springs Campground
  • Set up tent, open a beer and relax

Comunications:
CB Channel 5 (primary) 20 (secondary)
HAM Big Bear Repeater 147.330+ PL 131.8
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
909 Posts
save me a site sir. I may not make it but will pay you for it on Saturday if not. We are trying to get there for sure. I doubt we stay Saturday nite though. I have a ton of yard work to do then.

Let me know if it is a problem

Bob
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
33 Posts
I am IN! We will be heading up Friday afternoon, and if we are there first, I can save spots. I'll have my 12 y/o boy and maybe a co-worker with his 2 (younger) boys. Who's up for John Bull? Who is camping saturday night also?

Rich
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,519 Posts
Piper, thanks for the thread on camping. Keeping it all organized. :) Rich, I'll add you to the list of those doing trail runs.

If my daughter is coming, watch out! She'll be armed with Super Soaker!
 

·
NOT a moderator!
Joined
·
3,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
xtr4x4 said:
I am IN! We will be heading up Friday afternoon, and if we are there first, I can save spots. I'll have my 12 y/o boy and maybe a co-worker with his 2 (younger) boys. Who's up for John Bull? Who is camping saturday night also?

Rich
great news Rich, should be a helluva time. 40 something FJ Cruisers...... Whoa! I updated the OP at the top. It lists who is camping at Horse Springs and how many with them, also which nights. Tony is organizing the assessment and the trail runs. i think that it would be great to save some spots if you get there before me. I can't cut out until 6:00 PM on Friday so I'll get there around 8:30 PM
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
33 Posts
Thanks Steve and FJamming,

I am planning on heading up there about 400, and should be there by 500. Ill be sure to set up camp and have dinner waiting for everyone - j/k! We can talk that afternoon and see how many sites will be needed.

I can be reached at 760-954-9727.

What CB channel is going to be used for this?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
33 Posts
Hey Steve,

I will be down to myself and my son, our invites backed out. I'll have to make sure he comes armed with a water cannon to defend himself from Fjammings daughter!
 

·
Santiago Peak Tour Guide
Joined
·
11,488 Posts
How long is 3n59a? If we are meeting on or about the 15 fwy and are ending up on 3n16 in big bear how long a trip are we talking hear? ( miles/hours) That seems like one long trail. Let me know i`m curious.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,519 Posts
Sanderhawk, take a look at the map I put in post 1. It's not long at all. It'll give you a better idea.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,188 Posts
Sanderhawk said:
How long is 3n59a? If we are meeting on or about the 15 fwy and are ending up on 3n16 in big bear how long a trip are we talking hear? ( miles/hours) That seems like one long trail. Let me know i`m curious.
I'd say it's pretty short. It takes longer to get there than to run the trail. But, we'll probably be spending time with the ranger.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
909 Posts
Sorry, but I have to pull out of this outing. Too much work on a trailer that is promised for the following weekend. Plus Patti wants to watch the Olympics opening. Not to mention she is planning on working me like a dog on Sunday doing yard work. Just got off work so I lost this day. You guys have a great time.
 

·
NOT a moderator!
Joined
·
3,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
skersfan said:
Sorry, but I have to pull out of this outing. Too much work on a trailer that is promised for the following weekend. Plus Patti wants to watch the Olympics opening. Not to mention she is planning on working me like a dog on Sunday doing yard work. Just got off work so I lost this day. You guys have a great time.
hey Bob, we'll catch ya next time. Take it easy on the work and if she try's to work you like a dog, remember, dogs are lazy. ;D
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Top