FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Santiago Peak Tour Guide
11,488 Posts
Re: Main Divide - Monday, June 16th

Yeah if you can do it on a sat or sun. No can do during the week.

·
Registered
463 Posts

Love to...But I work!!! haha

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Yeah, well,....

I've been on the edge and maxed out on vacation time for a while. I earn 10 hours per month, and never really take any, I'm actually going to lose 6 hours, and need to take 2 days off the week of the 16th to keep from losing more, for at least a week or two. ;D

After Ouray, I'll be good for a couple months.

So, sorry for the weekday, but I gotta do something that gets me away from the computer for a while. If I'm here at the house, I'll just end up working on my day off.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts

I'm out...that work thing...And I get the away from the computer thing....I find myself on it working while on vacation.

·
Registered
29 Posts

I'm down for this! Where do you want to meet?

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

I'm thinking of meeting at Bravo Burger, for either lunch or breakfast. I'm still working on what time I'll be able to do this. Should know in the next day or two.

·
Registered
29 Posts

We are both on this side of the Mountain. Can we start from the Silverado Canyon side? Or is that gate closed?
Where is Bravo Burger?

·
NOT a moderator!
3,224 Posts

What time were you thinking of starting? If you do it early, I could probably make it. Make it a sunrise run.

·
Deutschbag Moderator
7,394 Posts

silverado side is still closed last i heard. bravo burger is off of Ortega Hwy at the 5. i just realized that i have next week off from work s i may be in if it is a morning session.

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

I'm in Germany right now, and need to double check with my wife as to the start time. I know I need to take one of my daughters to school that morning, so I probably won't be able to start it till 9:30 at the earliest.

I was also contemplating a noon start, but need to check.

·
NOT a moderator!
3,224 Posts

CADavebert said:
I'm in Germany right now, and need to double check with my wife as to the start time. I know I need to take one of my daughters to school that morning, so I probably won't be able to start it till 9:30 at the earliest.

I was also contemplating a noon start, but need to check.
Due to the probable start time, I'll sit this one out. enjoy yourselves. :)

·
Registered
29 Posts

Morning is better for me, breakfast is always a plus. Is Bravo Burger in the same center as Bad-to-the-bone?

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

Ok, so the meet time will be 9 am at Bravo Burger, we can have breakfast, and head out after, fine by me.

Bravo is (as stated in other reply's) on Ortega, near the 5. You get of the 5 at Ortega, head towards the hill, and Bravo Burger is in the first little shopping center on the right.

·
Registered
29 Posts

I'm going to have to pass. New client, now i'll be in court. Take pics have fun!

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

Ok, so possible mtnkraut and possible Piper....

Heading out of the house now, running kids and errands. Molly and I will be at Bravo Burger having breakfast at 9 (possibly a little earlier).

·
Deutschbag Moderator
7,394 Posts

Met with davebert at Bravo burger and headed up. We took a couple of the side trails and turned around at the closed gate. We didn't see any other vehicles, just one mountain biker who was low on water. Gave a bottle of water and wished him luck. I went to grab a couple of photos but of course my camera battery was dead.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts