FJ Cruiser Forum banner

2008/06/16 - Main Divide - Monday

3K views 25 replies 10 participants last post by  CADavebert 
#1 ·
Anyone up for this? I'd prefer to start around noon.

I'm thinking just a quick 1/2 day kinda thing. Start up top, down Indian Truck, then back up.

We'll meet at Bravo Burger at 9 am, grab some grub, and then head up.

Google Maps - Bravo Burger

#5 ·
Re: Main Divide - Monday, June 16th

Yeah, well,....

I've been on the edge and maxed out on vacation time for a while. I earn 10 hours per month, and never really take any, I'm actually going to lose 6 hours, and need to take 2 days off the week of the 16th to keep from losing more, for at least a week or two. ;D

After Ouray, I'll be good for a couple months.

So, sorry for the weekday, but I gotta do something that gets me away from the computer for a while. If I'm here at the house, I'll just end up working on my day off.

#12 ·

I'm in Germany right now, and need to double check with my wife as to the start time. I know I need to take one of my daughters to school that morning, so I probably won't be able to start it till 9:30 at the earliest.

I was also contemplating a noon start, but need to check.

#13 ·

CADavebert said:
I'm in Germany right now, and need to double check with my wife as to the start time. I know I need to take one of my daughters to school that morning, so I probably won't be able to start it till 9:30 at the earliest.

I was also contemplating a noon start, but need to check.
Due to the probable start time, I'll sit this one out. enjoy yourselves. :)

#16 ·

Ok, so the meet time will be 9 am at Bravo Burger, we can have breakfast, and head out after, fine by me.

Bravo is (as stated in other reply's) on Ortega, near the 5. You get of the 5 at Ortega, head towards the hill, and Bravo Burger is in the first little shopping center on the right.

#20 ·

Met with davebert at Bravo burger and headed up. We took a couple of the side trails and turned around at the closed gate. We didn't see any other vehicles, just one mountain biker who was low on water. Gave a bottle of water and wished him luck. I went to grab a couple of photos but of course my camera battery was dead.

#21 ·

Yep, Mtnkraut, and Molly and I hit the trail. She wasn't too enthusiastic about this one, as there were no other kids. We made it to the Indian Truck Trail entrance / Main Divide gate, and then headed back. I've seen no news reports of a missing or dead biker, but I wouldn't have been surprised. He was not having a good time.

And, I took some pictures... Let's see how easy it is to post. ;)

#26 ·

Sanderhawk said:
Is this the ortega hwy entrance? Are those climbs as fun as they look or is it a easy easy trail. I wouldn`t mind trying those trails.
It is the entrance off Ortega. The other way to get up is from Indian Truck Trail, or part of Main Divide that drops into Lake Elsinore. The easiest starting point to find if you've not been before, is the one off Ortega. It's on the North side of Ortega, across from the Wildomar OHV entrance. Once you turn in, bear left on the paved road, and keep going. The one on the right goes down to Lake Elsinore behind some houses.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.