FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
NOT a moderator!
3,224 Posts
Re: Mohave road toga run

This was the best trail run in my log book since Feb. 2008 when I purchased my FJ! Thank you so much to RicoVerde for putting this run together, Spertierra who so masterfully guided us through the trail while providing some history at all of the stops, Kokopeli for an unbelievable amount and variety of ice cream and popsicles that were enjoyed at almost every stop and to his two sons Tim and Keith for thoroughly trail testing my mobile Internet Tablet PC mounted on the dash. Was there anybody else I wanted to thank.... Hmmmmm.... OH, Thanks to Funjunkie for watching my rear end after I cracked it and making this the GAYEST trail run ever with the pink Scooby Doo Toga and the occasional unsightly appearance of his marble sack! lol j/k It was a blast and I'm especially looking forward to helping you set up that future run we discussed.

Friday night trail camp and gettin our drink on!

Oops the sun is coming up! Well there's no point getting sleep now, another brew?

A visitor just passing through our camp.

First Carnage. Quickly removed the broken shock and we were off. (Thanks FunJunkie for assisting me)

·
NOT a moderator!
3,224 Posts

Caught everyone as they were thinking of what to do next.

Spertierra pulling off the trail for a quick Flex/Poser shot. Nice articulation, Steve!

On our way to the Penny Can....... NOT! It was not there :( I believe a nature hippie came through and "Cleaned Up" as it was later noted in the log book at The Mailbox.

Yes, it's not a mirage, the Captain was here.

·
NOT a moderator!
3,224 Posts

DominicG said:
How did it happen?? ???
Defective weld where the mounting stud is attached to the shock body. Look closely at the picture, there was like 1/16 or less of weld that actually penetrated the shock body. Also, there was something else wrong after I installed the All-pro Fox Suspension kit and I was working with Terry to find the problem part. I think it was the shock because my vehicle leaned to the left (the side that broke) about 1 1/2 inches. I believe it was this shock that was limiting the vehicle from sitting level but my FJ just wanted it more so it got er done and ripped the stud right out! lol BTW, with no shock in now, my FJ now sits perfectly level in the rear (left to right) ;D

·
NOT a moderator!
3,224 Posts

Brian,here is a pic of you at the top. I had to do a massive digital zoom and I was holding the camera in my hands so that's why its fuzzy. I do remember seeing your vehicle teetering back and forth on what looked to be the front passenger and the rear drivers side wheels.

·
NOT a moderator!
3,224 Posts

RicoVerde said:
Having trouble uploading them. Does anyone know if there is a problem linking from Picassa web albums?
here is what I do:

I only put 4 pics per reply

If you want all of your pics to be together without the PEANUT GALLERY chiming in then just keep replying with some text in each reply until you've replied enough times to fit 4 pictures per reply.

Then go back and edit your replies to insert your image hyperlink, copy it, then paste 3 more times and change the file name on the other three and save the changes.

edit your next reply, paste 4 times, then change the file names of those four, then save.

Repeat

Repeat

Repeat

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.