FJ Cruiser Forum banner

2008/05/10-11 Trail Teams Invitational Big Bear CA

13K views 122 replies 26 participants last post by  CADavebert 
#1 ·
Don't even say you are not going!

http://www.trailteams.com/vip/index.htm

I've been waiting for something like this :)

Saturday 9:00AM Gold Mountain Trail (Beginner)

Sunday 9:00AM Holcomb Creek Trail (Moderate)

Now to look for a place to sleep.

#5 ·
Re: Trail Teams Invitational May 10/11 Big Bear CA

Saturday, Holcom (moderate) 2 pm
sunday, John Bull (difficult) 11 am
Cant wait!! 8)

I probably should buy an axle and cv spare before this event ya think? I hear John bull is pretty good.
anyone got the hookup on prices? I heard tell that Man-A-Fre is about the cheapest?

#8 ·

Kokopeli said:
Has anyone done John Bull before? I may want to modify my choice... ::runs off to check dirtopia.com::
Well Echamberlin off adv4x4 told me with my setup I should pretty much walk it with good spotting. I'm assuming tires, rails, lift and skids are about all ya need. Come on out and run it with me bro, it'll be fun.

#9 ·

OK, I might have to work that weekend cause we're getting a big group in so if I can get the weekend off...who needs someone to ride shotgun with them???? Any takers??? I'll buy the first 6-pack!!!

#12 ·

Kokopeli said:
I got my Mom to promise NOT to disown me for wheeling on Mother's day!!
Ok....my wife and I have decided to cover this up a Mother's Day weekend get away :)

We're gonna rent a house and have a BBQ with the rest of the family :)

We are good to go!

#14 ·

skersfan said:
Are you saying the fj family is invited, man I can hardly wait.
lol....If I had the dollars I'd rent out a motel for a huge SoCal party.

But I'll buy you a beer if you put that new Predator Step Rail (from MG) and thrash it on the John Bull ;D ;D

#15 ·

I have a friend at work who has a place in Big Bear. He owes me as he stayed at my place in Mammoth. I'll find out how many it sleeps and post up later this week if it is available...

#16 ·

Dibs on some carpet...I'll bring my sleeping bag and poncho roll!!!

#20 ·

Moeses18 said:
OK, I might have to work that weekend cause we're getting a big group in so if I can get the weekend off...who needs someone to ride shotgun with them???? Any takers??? I'll buy the first 6-pack!!!
K, no takers so I'm upping the prize so as to entice someone...I'll get the first 12 pack and lunch!!! If I can get the weekend off.

#25 ·

I'm in for 5/10 (beginner) 11:00 AM and 5/11 (moderate) 11:00 AM. Staying at parents cabin by the trout farm, North Shore, Big Bear Lake. I figure these trail times would give me ample time to get kids up and ready, maybe I can attend the classes before and after. That's the plan but we'll see...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.