FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
NOT a moderator!
3,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm thinking we need to do a Camping/Wheeling event here in 2009. The first few pics are of the campground, then the trail. The last couple of pics is a BLM area that we did not really get to explore much but it seems there were a lot of long dirt roads and washes out there. Perhaps a pre-run?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Piper let me know when you go. We keep talking about taking the kids out there. I have only been once back when we had our jeep. Even if it is only a pre run send me a pm. Calico is close and we can make those trips on short notice almost any saturday.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Oh dood! I am into geology, and that place looks like a geological treasure trove! Oh man, I could spend a week out there exploring!!! But a run sounds just as good for now....at least until I know WTF I'm looking at (geologically speaking, of course :D). I'm in (dates dependent)

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
Cool run Piper. Black Mountain is also very nearby and is fun place to visit too.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Piper.. As Jamming said the Black Mountain Wilderness is very close to Rainbow Basin and has some fascinating ptroglyphs. Some dated as 12,000 years old. At the far north end of the wilderness is Inscription Canyon which is chock full of petroglyphs. Im so in when you guys decide to go!

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
desertmedic and Piper....when you guys go, count me in as well! I LOVE geology and Anthropological stuff. Just a hobby of mine ever since college.

·
Registered
114 Posts
This trip will deffinately warrent me taking leave. Dave, you'll love the formations in the basin. Its very similar to the calico (hence the name) hills in color. Greens, oranges, reds... You'll definately dig it. And if we go while its still relatively cool we wont have to worry about mojave greens. Which are very abundant up there....

·
Premium Member
3,397 Posts
desertmedic said:
This trip will deffinately warrent me taking leave. Dave, you'll love the formations in the basin. Its very similar to the calico (hence the name) hills in color. Greens, oranges, reds... You'll definately dig it. And if we go while its still relatively cool we wont have to worry about mojave greens. Which are very abundant up there....
I want in on this trip, too!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Here are some pics from my first trip in my FJ which was to the basin...

Some pics of the petroglyphs in the Black Moutain Wilderness...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts