FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With all the new technology available is it possible to install a backup camera on my 2007 FJ Cruiser Base model?
Mine does not have the subwoofer or steering wheel controls. I have several blank switches available.
I do not want the rearview mirror backup camera. it’s too small and grainy. Is it possible? Has this been done?
Appreciate any help! Please,

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have 2 back up cameras and they are tied into the reverse light so they activate on the screens when I shift in reverse. One is on my after market stereo Boss Elite I got it at AutoZone $300 bucks. The camera is from Amazon it was $20 and has led lights, its helps when it’s dark when your backing up. I mounted thst one on my spare tire mount. I also put a switch for the camera if I ever want to shut it down.
The second is my dash camera that came with a backup camera also, I mounted that on my roof rack and also tied onto the reverse positive. I got it from Amazon about $60.

With all the new technology available is it possible to install a backup camera on my 2007 FJ Cruiser Base model?
Mine does not have the subwoofer or steering wheel controls. I have several blank switches available.
I do not want the rearview mirror backup camera. it’s too small and grainy. Is it possible? Has this been done?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I installed a new stereo with a backup camera. The installer switched the mirror conction to the stereo. Was not a problem.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts