Welder Needed/M***l T**h Review - Page 2

FJ Cruiser Forum

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 17 of 17
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Welder Needed/M***l T**h Review

  1. #11
    Foo
    Foo is offline
    Forum Whore Foo's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Santeee Ana
    Posts
    1,161
    Member #
    1424
    Liked
    53 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Welder Needed/M***l T**h Review

    Mistake #1, buying from them. I'd get a refund and make them pay for the shipping cost back. You got defective/damaged goods and it not what you paid for.

  2. #12
    Beyond Help MuddyFJ's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Irivne
    Posts
    2,722
    Member #
    3092
    Liked
    643 times
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Re: Welder Needed/M***l T**h Review

    Quote Originally Posted by Foo View Post
    Mistake #1, buying from them. I'd get a refund and make them pay for the shipping cost back. You got defective/damaged goods and it not what you paid for.
    I honestly really did not want to, but I couldn't justifying paying $200 for the mirrors for warriors.


    MuddyFJ 2nd Edition
    MuddyFJ 2nd Edition

  3. #13
    Forum Regular zookifj661's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    128
    Member #
    7648
    Liked
    69 times
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Re: Welder Needed/M***l T**h Review

    Quote Originally Posted by MuddyFJ View Post
    I'm posting this in vendor review because it's partially that.

    I recently ordered a set of tube doors from m***l t**h. So I get the box opened and pull the door out very excited to get them on, and find this

    Ok, I figured I'll contact them and a new door would be sent out.

    Now from the looks of the welds and the location of where there is no powder coat, the bracket was welded on sh*tty from the start. So I've now gotten this reply from them.
    Attachment 22168

    It appears that I am now required to use my time, my own money to find a welder, hope they can fix it properly, and then spray paint it.... Now on a brand BRAND new product, why would I want to spray paint it. All so they don't have to send out a new door that is properly welded.

    So all said and done, I need a local welder (Irvine) that could try and fix this for me. And fairly inexpensive since it'll be out of pocket.


    MuddyFJ 2nd Edition
    Muddy if you ever find yourself in Northridge shoot me your number in pm and I'll fix it. Doesn't look like much. Judging by that it broke because its only a tack weld... (saw your last post).

    "I'll fix" = I'll weld. no paint. sorry clarification
    CptnStinkFinger likes this.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    FJCForums.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #14
    Beyond Help MuddyFJ's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Irivne
    Posts
    2,722
    Member #
    3092
    Liked
    643 times
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Re: Welder Needed/M***l T**h Review

    Quote Originally Posted by zookifj661 View Post
    Muddy if you ever find yourself in Northridge shoot me your number in pm and I'll fix it. Doesn't look like much. Judging by that it broke because its only a tack weld... (saw your last post).

    "I'll fix" = I'll weld. no paint. sorry clarification
    Thank you for the offer but I got a reply from the owner on Facebook. He's going to make things right.


    MuddyFJ 2nd Edition
    MuddyFJ 2nd Edition

  6. #15
    Forum Regular zookifj661's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    128
    Member #
    7648
    Liked
    69 times
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Re: Welder Needed/M***l T**h Review

    Quote Originally Posted by MuddyFJ View Post
    Thank you for the offer but I got a reply from the owner on Facebook. He's going to make things right.


    MuddyFJ 2nd Edition
    Tell them you won't be shipping back the other doors... and we'll complete the welds... muhahaha they you're left with a set to sell. nah kidding.

  7. #16
    Beyond Help MuddyFJ's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Irivne
    Posts
    2,722
    Member #
    3092
    Liked
    643 times
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Re: Welder Needed/M***l T**h Review

    Another update:


    I spoke with Mark on the phone today and we had a great conversation. Not only about this issue but about the past and things that have happened with his company. I know most of you know about my comments regarding that they were law suit happy. As a man i am publicly apologizing for those comments i made without knowing the full story.
    i highly recommend that anyone wanting to know all the details, contact mark directly and learn all the details. I will leave it at that and let him explain it all to you.


    Sparky of SoCal and JFleckFJ like this.
    MuddyFJ 2nd Edition

  8. #17
    Beyond Help JFleckFJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Huntington Beach
    Posts
    1,939
    Member #
    4001
    Liked
    1233 times
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

    Re: Welder Needed/M***l T**h Review

    Quote Originally Posted by MuddyFJ View Post
    Another update:


    I spoke with Mark on the phone today and we had a great conversation. Not only about this issue but about the past and things that have happened with his company. I know most of you know about my comments regarding that they were law suit happy. As a man i am publicly apologizing for those comments i made without knowing the full story.
    i highly recommend that anyone wanting to know all the details, contact mark directly and learn all the details. I will leave it at that and let him explain it all to you.


    So confirming your previous statement lol.....
    CptnStinkFinger likes this.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content Completed projects:
    Hidden Content , Hidden Content , Hidden Content
    Hidden Content Current Projects: started blacksmithing and bladesmithing.

    ---------------------------------------Hidden Content Check it out: Hidden Content

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Welder needed
    By Hamilton in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 01-20-2012, 10:52 PM
  2. Tig welder needed near (626) area
    By citytrooper in forum Off Topic Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-23-2011, 04:21 PM
  3. Ready Welder II Battery MIG Welder
    By radrod in forum For Sale
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-14-2011, 07:01 AM
  4. A competant welder needed!
    By FunJunkie in forum Wanted to Buy
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 08-09-2010, 02:47 PM
  5. I need help from someone with a welder
    By Acetechno in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-18-2009, 08:32 AM