FJ Cruiser Forum banner

Sierra Nevada Mountain Rendezvous & Op

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  OCDiver 
#1 ·
SIERRA NEVADA MOUNTAIN OP
Land Ops in Monache Meadows and Sherman Pass
SEPT 13-15, 2013 (OFFICIAL EVENT DAY IS THE 14TH)

FREE REGISTRATION

OPEN INVITATION
This is a 4x4 Nav-Comm Run (both day and night runs);
Nav-Comm is navigation and communications. You are NOT required to have a
radio or GPS, but you will end up on a team that does. The adventure ops are run
with a net control station at base camp that monitors the progress of multiple teams and
assists with radio relays as necessary. You will be driving, navigating, and signaling other off road teams, giving and receiving instructions that you find in previously hidden geotactical caches all while exploring the many trails around the area. The course is "unknown" until you begin to run it. To top it off we are having our very popular "Night Op", a great chance to participate in a unique sensory deprivation offroad challenge.

Preview of the area (pre-event advancing/setup team)

This is area is stunning & beautiful for exploring.
All vehicle makes and models welcome.
Land Ops is a free group!

See less See more
#3 ·
I can't make this one. I am going to have to work on Saturday. I am shooting for the next one!

#5 ·
I have been to a couple of the events. They are very well organized and you get to meet a lot of really great people. These are not hard core "John Bull" runs but there is the occasional challenging obstacle. The challenge is completing the exercise using, GPS, orienteering, communications and team work. If you have never attended I would recommend you at least give it a shot and see if you enjoy it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.