Thread: m3Pedro's FJ

Member #
    Liked
    776 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Talking m3Pedro's FJ

Purchased in Nov. 2010....

The perfect vehicle for my lifestyle.....photographer, union camera operator, Car racer, district 37 moto racer.

In 1 year of ownership......No mods but lots of fun.

First trip (1 week after I bought it) was to vegas (for work) so I visited Red Rock for some inagural photo ops....

still had paper plates!!

Great for towing my "small/light" racecar....I race with VARA (vintage auto race assoc.) 1969 1602 BMW. I built the car myself.....cage, paint, rust resto, engine.....you name it.

On the way to my friends shop for some work....

Got a hitch mount for my Dirt Bike!!

(taken at Cahullia creek MX track)

After a day of muddy fun at Gorman

After my 1st place finish at the Glen Helen Grand Prix!!

Packing the "mule" with alot of movie making gear....(shooting a movie in NM) I'm always amazed at the amount of gear I can carry in the FJ!!

It did all fit! I had to polish up my Tetris skills!!!

Also got a special hitch mount for my "Handfree" segway that I use for work.

In case you were wondering what I use the segway for........I'm a "Steadicam" owner operator. I can ride it or mount my steadicam arm to it and do many kind of amazing shots for movies (up to 12mph) with the segway. Offroad and onroad.

Here is me riding the segway with my steadicam and a ARRI alexa camera. Check out my offroad tires....you can see my FJ in the background....

you can see the steadicam arm actually mounted to the segway. In this configuration the segway carries the weight instead of me. Pretty cool huh?

Speaking of my job......I got a rental for the FJ the other day! I used it as a "camera car". It's one way to make the payment!!

In this scenario I have a specially made hitch mount that I attach my steadicam arm. I lock the door open, which makes for a great windblocker! This is how sometimes we do car shots in movies....

This is me testing it out during the day (night shoot).....there is no camera on my steadicam since I was just testing....

Crazy fun stuff!! Yes I'm blessed to have such a cool job. I'm living my dream. it's not easy going and it's a tough business but I'm making my way....

So after a great fun year of ownership and paying off some bills.....I finally did my first MOD!!!

The desperately needed upgrade in the audio dept.!!!! So that first up!

My intentions are to own this car for a loooong time. I just can't imagine a more perfect car for my life.

So I have big plans for it in the future!

I've decided to keep the suspension stock for awhile a forgo the 3" lift or the suspension lift ladder......and just save up all my pennies for a ultimate LT setup.

-Possible flat black wrap job
    -Total Chaos LT front and rear
    -sliders
    -skidplates
    -Baja tube bumper
    -allpro rear bumper
    -Lights
    -New wheels/tires
    -Tint
    -CB....maybe...
    -Custom roof rack.
    -??

Like I needed another "Hobby" in my life.

Good thing I'm not married and have no kids or this would all be a pipe dream.

I Hope to have some time off and do a trail run with some of you guys soon!!

I have tons of tarmac racing experience (intructor with NASA) and race dirtbikes.........but absolutly NO wheelin' experience at all!!

but that will change soon!
    Pogiboy, scrufy and FJSkellington like this.
    '10 FJ-4WD #trophyFJ
    KK6YBQ
    Way too much to list.... visit my build thread Hidden Content

Member #
    Liked
    776 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1st MOD........Audio

After a year without any mods ( a record in my life) the first project is here......now I'm not a audiophile by any means but the stock sound is just weak. I needed a upgrade but didn't want to break my pocketbook.

believe it or not this is the first "system" i have ever purchased! I'm more of a performance parts guy.....

Plus I need Bluetooth hands free for my iphone and there is no way I'm wearing a stupid headset earpiece thingie.

My friend told me to make the drive out to his buddies shop in thousand oaks and I would be happy........boy was he right.

BIG 2 thumbs up to the price and service given by Steve at Al&Ed's in thousand oaks! he was competitive with online prices and gave great service and installation.

Here's what I got...

-Dynamat on the doors
    -Kenwood Bluetooth/iphone/pandora/HD radio head unit KIV-BT901
    -Rockford Fosgate Punch 300w AMP (4ga wire from battery mounted under passenger seat) Lots of power in a small package.
    -Focal Access 165A1 component speakers 6.5" in the doors and tweeters to replace the 4" in the dash. Also the kit comes with crossovers.

and finally...

JL Audio 8" sub box that fit PERFECTLY in the rear area and is $500 cheaper than the custom JL stealthbox. I mounted it in the same area in the right rear corner. It is 5" thick and only 18" long so it fits perfect. I can stack my equipment cases and it doesn't stick out and reduce my cargo carrying capacity....the sub is amazingly powerful for it's size due to the ports I belive.....I love it!!!
    http://www.al-eds.com/JL-Audio-CP108LGW3V3-p18708.html

I can say the the system sounds amazing for the money I spent. The iphone interface in the Kenwood is great and easy to navigate and use. I love how the music turns off when a call comes in etc.....I can go to "private mode" if I want during the call....also I have the option to control the iphone from the phone if I want to.

so far there is little to complain about the setup....I think I will be happy for years to come.....

Now mounting the sub.....

I fabricated some bracket's from some junk steel in the garage in a few mins in the garage and sprayed them....

Here they are in the car.

screwed into the sub box.

Fits PERFECTLY over the rear wheel well area...as you can see it does not protrude past the wheel well plastic so I can still slide in my cases. Plus if I want to I can remove the sub for additional cargo room in a few mins.

Here It is....the mighty JL boom box.....in it's new home.

'10 FJ-4WD #trophyFJ
    KK6YBQ

Member #
    Liked
    593 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: m3Pedro's FJ

Very cool use of a segway!
    2007 Titanium 4x4 AT
    Class 3000 is dead... viva Class 10.
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by colby13
    "would that get it 3"? They're adjustable right?" "​I freaking drifted this thing. I know this cars limits. I want more turning speed."

4. Remove Advertisements
    FJCForums.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    467 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You should make a commercial for Toyota... holy cow. Is there anywhere online we can see your work?

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Great write up. Awesome line of work. Welcome.

~AP

Member #
    Liked
    135 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Nice!!!

Member #
    Liked
    36 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Looking Good...

Beyond Help TrailworxFabrication's Avatar

Member #
    Liked
    2628 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by Sparky of SoCal Hidden Content
    If you off road get the skids,if it is for show you got to go snorkel.

Member #
    Liked
    776 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by superheat View Post
    You should make a commercial for Toyota... holy cow. Is there anywhere online we can see your work?
    Thanks guys!

I'm a proud union member (Local 600) and work as a camera operator/steadicam operator and "stereographer". (also do underwater camera as well)

A stereographer is kinda like a 3D director of photography. Needless to say I work on alot of 3D movies and projects (especially in the last 2 years)

Biggest movie I have worked on so far was recently released....a silly/fun movie called "Shark Night 3D". But I have worked on alot of other cool stuff.....

other than that you can check out my "work/resume website"
    www.pgfilms.tv

or if your into movie/cameras/3D check out my blog....

www.steadi3d.com

Since I think you guys will get a kick out of it, here's a few more pictures of me "at work". I'm blessed to be able to do what I love for a living.

Shooting TGR's "Lite the Wick" extreme ski movie in 3D....

In Johanesburg South africa shooting 3D in the townships for the official World cup blu-ray.

Shooting a 3D Formula 1 documentary on the golden age of Formula 1.....thats a 65lbs camera rig I'm holding......BTW....It's not easy work!!

Testing a new 3D rig (used in the new Aliens prequel) with the new RED Epic cameras all mounted on my segway.....This rig which I sometimes carry on my vest is around 76lbs!! The segway saves my ass!

Here is a photo of me operating with it on my vest....in what we call "low mode" = killing your back!! at around 76lbs.....I work and sweat for all the money I make but it is very rewarding to see what you have done at the end of the day.

then of course we have to "handhold" the massive 3D camera rigs sometimes......at the end of your typical 16-20hr day.....this camera feel twice as heavy!

Then every once in awhile the stars align and I get to work and play with some of the coolest toys in the world.

Like how about a 700hp buggy with a gyro stabilized camera mount?

We were chasing a 400hp subaru rally car.....

Or this RC helicopter with 3D cameras mounted on it.....we used to do special aerial shots.

Or this crazy vehicle........This is what we call an "russian arm" pretty much every car commercial or chase scene in any movie today is shot with this vehicle.

it's a AMG supercharged ML mercedes with a crane mounted on top and a gyro stabilized camera mount. The technology is stolen from russian tanks. Also found in our "Abrams" tanks. The same technology that allow tanks to stabilize the main gun on the target and shoot while on the move was used to stabilze a camera while driving.....it's an amazing thing.

way ****ing cool doesn't even begin to describe the toys we use in this business......

I have also done some work for the military.........but i can't talk about that.........

Blown383 and FJarch like this.
    '10 FJ-4WD #trophyFJ
    KK6YBQ

Member #
    Liked
    51 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

awesome pics pedro
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by FunJunkie Hidden Content
    but the dam thing got too flexy. Just had to shave it.

Page 1 of 46 12311 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links