FJ Cruiser Forum

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Member #
    Liked
    643 times
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Angry Penske RSM Toyota

I dont really have alot to say about this place, but the times ive been... i have gotten treated like crap!

I went in to purchase an FJ, it was silver, used, low mileage, it was the one i wanted. We had been in there for a few day talking. Finally on the day we purchased it, they showed us the CarFax report, it was for a completly different car with 30,000 less mileage and a higher price. they were trying to make us pay more by showing us the higher price. AND WE BOUGHT IT CERTIFIED PRE-OWNER THINKING WE WOULDNT HAVE TO PAY FOR ANY MAINTENCE BECAUSE IM A HIGH SCHOOL KID AND MY MOMS GOING THROUGH SCHOOL RIGHT NOW. Everytime i have been there for maintence... $100 here, $50 there... its crazy.

So finally we asked what is covered under the certified pre owned, and he said alll the stuff included in the power train and i say out loud to my mom "pretty much stuff that never fuc**ng breaks"

I WOULD AVOID THIS STEALERSHIP AT ALL COST!!! GO TO POWER IN IRVINE, OR SAN JUAN.

Member #
    Liked
    1326 times
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Re: Penske RSM Toyota

maintenance should just be an oil change every once in a while..the maybe a larger service every 30,000.. sorry to hear

-Bailey

Member #
    Liked
    643 times
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

i had the car for 2 weeks, had to go get a new belt for $175 from them, luckly the gave it to me for $75.
    and then oil changes will be done by me now. the 2 times i had to go in, they give me the car back and tell me they cant turn the maint required light off cause my car wont do it. i go home and do it in 10 seconds.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FJCForums.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    82 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Wow! They've done every service for 68,000 miles since mine was new, except the first one which was at Power Toyota in Irvine where I bought it. Power tried to upsell to the "deluxe" oil change so I never went back. I have never had an issue with Penske in RSM.
    "n. An individual who would normally be classified as a hick or redneck, but lives in a large city and may even have a job. "
    2008 Brick 4WD Offroad Package - RIP, garage fire. Replaced with a 2006 LJ - lifted, tucked, locked,...

Member #
    Liked
    643 times
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

they wanted to charge me $75 to look at my car when i needed to idler bearings. I took it to a older friend, and within 10 min, he knew what was wrong. Im glad i didnt pay for it.

And i bought it with 59,000 miles on it. And i have NO idea if they did the 60,000 mile maintence.? Cause my understanding is that you should change the diff oil at 60,000

NPB

Member #
    Liked
    142 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cityhick View Post
    Wow! . . . I have never had an issue with Penske in RSM.
    Same. Never had an issue and one of the managers gave me his cell phone number and told me to call him if I ever had any issues.

Member #
    Liked
    643 times
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Maybe they don't like me because I didn't fall for the scam they were trying to pull on me. Who knows why they do the crap that they do.

I've figured out that all it takes is a little research and you can do everything yourself, which I will do from now on

Deutschbag Moderator Hanselhoff's Avatar

Member #
    Liked
    1173 times
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

The 100k warranty is worth it. That sh!t that doesn't break, did for me. I have saved several thousand already. I have 10k left and hopefully if my tranny and rear end blow (yes Dave I just said that) its prior to then.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Forum "racer"/"expert"

Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

That sucks you had a problem there. Are you sure you weren't the pissed off guy yelling at people? To be honest, it sounds like that. Customer or not nobody is going to be nice to the angry guy. I only deal with Jeremy in service and he is always super nice to me. He even offers me price cuts on oil changes. Sometimes, if I miss a sale they have going on he will fudge it so I get the deal. I also purchased my FJ there in 2010 with zero problems. Sucks to hear you had such poor customer service.

Member #
    Liked
    311 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Sorry to hear that you are not happy with your dealer. To be honest i'm not sure why you think that maintence would be included with a CPO vehicle. The only thing they give you when you buy TCUV is a warranty on the drivetrain and one year road side service. They also do a 160 point inspection that tells Toyota that the car is in good shape so Toyota will give them then some nice finance rates....actually better ones than a new FJ. I have two CPO Toyz a 2011 FJ and a 2006 4 runner they are pretty clear on what is included . I don't trust any auto dealer because the service departments work on a change order system and they make extra $$$ on whatever they can sell you. But in defense of this dealer, they don't owe you service or anything else other than what is in the contract for your Certified vehicle.

My advice would be to find a good independent Toyota mechanic and develop a relationship with them.

Good Luck

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links