I just purchased a 2013 FJ Cruiser Trails Team from CABE Toyota in Long Beach, CA and it was a wonderful buying experience. This is my second new car purchase (purchased a Subaru in 2006 from Irvine Subaru, which was a wonderful buying experience as well) and it was painless and not stressful at all.

Prior to going to CABE yesterday, I was intending to buy a used Toyota 4runner Trail edition at a dealer in Nevada. However, I wanted to go to a Toyota dealership to test drive the 4runner and FJ Cruiser to make sure I was making the right decision. From the moment I arrived, I was immediately greeted by John and felt very welcome. John and the rest of the gang at Cabe were not pushy at all and were very accommodating. Meghan assisted me and was very patient with me. I told her I wanted to see a 4runner Trail edition. She brought the car out front and let me look at the car with no pressure. She then accompanied me on a test drive and answered any questions I had. After coming back from the test-drive, I told her the 4runner did not seem like it had much punch and she offered to go on another test drive and let me accelerate the 4runner. I loved the look of the Trail edition 4runner, but the interior and drive did not really impress me. At this point, I decided I wasn't going to Nevada to pick up the used 4runner.

Next, I told Meghan I wanted to check out the 2013 FJ Trails Team. Fortunately for me, they had just gotten one that morning. As soon as Meghan brought the FJ from the back, I was blown away by how the FJ looked. It was impressive and it looked bad ass. Meghan let me drive it solo and it felt much better than the 4runner. I also loved the features of the FJ.

Anyway, I ended up with the FJ. I ended up trading my Subaru in. If there was a downside to the buying experience, it was that I didn't get as much for my trade-in as I wanted. John did the best he could to try to get me a good price for it though. On the other hand, they gave me a great deal on the FJ. They also tossed in a few accessories at no cost.

Mike, the finance guy, was a pleasure to deal with and explained everything clearly. Before I drove off, Dave, one of the salesman, walked me through all the features of the FJ and even helped me set up the Bluetooth. Dave knew everything about the FJ and explained all the features to me.

In short, CABE was very professional and did not pressure me at all. They treated me like family. I will definitely go back there if I decide to buy another new Toyota.