• 1 Post By DominicG

Thread: Claremont Toyota Review

Member #
    Liked
    101 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thumbs down Claremont Toyota Review

The short version: Bad dealer, bad service. Do not use them.

The long version:

I used to be a huge advocate for Claremont Toyota since they had always been good about taking care of my issues, gave a good discount on parts to forum members, held forum events at the dealership, etc....

But obviously things change. My recent experience completely changed how I feel about them and I thought it would be good to let you all know about my recent experience.

The "letter" below is what I posted on their Facebook yesterday afternoon, which was removed by them shortly after without any sort of response...

Claremont Toyota - I recently had an experience with you guys that will keep me from coming back, and also keep me from recommending you guys to 2,500+ FJ Cruiser owners on a forum that I am very involved with. In fact, I'm now telling people to stay away.

I'm very disappointed in the way my vehicle issues were handled, the lack of explanation as to WHY you won't replace my driveshaft under a TSB that was issued by Toyota, and the lack of communication from my service representative.

I brought my truck in because of a check engine light, and the service mechanics wouldn't even touch it without me authorizing a $350+ charge because they saw rat footprints on the engine cover. I was told that they were almost 100% sure that rats had chewed through a wiring harness and that this fee was necessary for inspection. I understand that this would be applied toward the repair, or waived if the issue was covered under warranty. Why would I authorize this charge if the mechanics were "sure" it was a rat problem, which obviously wouldn't be covered under warranty?

I escalated my issue and tried my best to get in touch with the Service Manager. I was put through to his voicemail multiple times before finding out that he had been on vacation. Why was I not told this to begin with?

I ended up speaking with the Customer Service Manager, who was very helpful, but still could not do anything to help with the diagnosis fee but drop it slightly.

I ended up taking my truck to a local reputable mechanic who diagnosed it. They did not find ANY rat issues, and all the wiring was still in tact. They found what the issue was, and took photos of the broken parts which I brought BACK to Claremont Toyota.

At this time, the rep who took my vehicle in told me that the mechanics were not going to even LOOK at the photos that I brought and suggested that I do not even leave them there. A few hours later I received a call from my rep who told me I had to authorize the $350+ diagnosis fee again. Knowing what the issue is at this point, I gave them the ok. The problem ended up being covered under warranty.

Another issue was getting my service writer to call me back when she said she would. On multiple occassions I was told that I'd receive a call in 20-30 minutes. I'd wait 3-4 hours and I would have to be the one to call back.

I'm not one to leave poor reviews, but this was all just too much headache not to share my problems.

On top of the whole mess with the main issue, I wanted to have my driveshaft replaced under a TSB. I was told three different reasons why they wouldn't, by three different reps. One told me that everything checked out fine, another said that the issue wasn't "bad enough" and the third told me that it was because my truck is modified. Which is it Toyota? To this day I'm still having issues with the driveshaft.

Sorry for the long-winded post, but the amount of issues I had in such a short amount of time needed to be shared.

Their Yelp reviews speak for themselves as well: http://www.yelp.com/biz/claremont-toyota-claremont-2

Member #
    Liked
    166 times
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Re: Claremont Toyota Review

I will continue to recommend TUSTIN TOYOTA as always!
    dennx likes this.
    AMERICAAAA!
    Hidden Content

Member #
    Liked
    313 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

saw your post on FB... shared it and tagged them in it.
    Hidden Content Hidden Content | Hidden Content | ICON Stage 7| LEVEL 8 Wheels | Demello Offroad

4. Remove Advertisements
    FJCForums.com
    Advertisements

Santiago Peak Tour Guide Sanderhawk's Avatar

Member #
    Liked
    1975 times
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Thats a bummer they used to be good. Probly new people over the years. They should know word spreads like wild fire thru the forums. Sorry they didn`t fix your drive shaft. Maybe tustin toyota will.

Sponsored Links