Any plans for the Mojave trail? - Page 2

FJ Cruiser Forum

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 23
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Any plans for the Mojave trail?

  1. #11
    Santiago Peak Tour Guide Sanderhawk's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    So Cal Mtns
    Posts
    11,276
    Member #
    109
    Liked
    1757 times
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Re: Any plans for the Mojave trail?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jamesdon View Post
    Anyone have any update on road conditions out there? Heading out in about a week with the family and wanted to know if the lake has dried out yet ...
    Also, anyone know if the piute detour is still a thing???
    I was reading over on Blue there is a group going and they said the lake was still real wet. Check out the SOCal offroad buddies thread over on Blue they have been talking about it for awhile now
    Jamesdon likes this.

  2. #12
    Forum Regular Jamesdon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    403
    Member #
    3090
    Liked
    100 times
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

    Re: Any plans for the Mojave trail?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sanderhawk View Post
    I was reading over on Blue there is a group going and they said the lake was still real wet. Check out the SOCal offroad buddies thread over on Blue they have been talking about it for awhile now
    Thanks for the heads up!

    ...any idea when they're going? Went back about 8 pages but that thread is a cluster coitus!

  3. #13
    Beyond Help Sparky of SoCal's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Buena Park,CA
    Posts
    4,425
    Member #
    1868
    Liked
    3678 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Any plans for the Mojave trail?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sanderhawk View Post
    I was reading over on Blue there is a group going and they said the lake was still real wet. Check out the SOCal offroad buddies thread over on Blue they have been talking about it for awhile now
    Those SOB shut me down again. Bunch of snowflakes!


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk



    "Two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein

  4. Remove Advertisements
    FJCForums.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #14
    Forum Regular Jamesdon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    403
    Member #
    3090
    Liked
    100 times
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

    Re: Any plans for the Mojave trail?

    Looks like it's dried out...

    Name:  IMG_0109.PNG
Views: 145
Size:  271.2 KB

    ...but may rain Sat.

  6. #15
    Santiago Peak Tour Guide Sanderhawk's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    So Cal Mtns
    Posts
    11,276
    Member #
    109
    Liked
    1757 times
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Re: Any plans for the Mojave trail?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jamesdon View Post
    Looks like it's dried out...

    Name:  IMG_0109.PNG
Views: 145
Size:  271.2 KB

    ...but may rain Sat.
    It rained up here all day yesterday and is supposed to rain all day today. The lake probly isn`t dry anymore

  7. #16
    Forum Regular CherryDan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Cherry Valley CA
    Posts
    110
    Member #
    3394
    Liked
    27 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Any plans for the Mojave trail?

    Excellent video skills! Very enjoyable video.

  8. #17
    Forum Regular Jamesdon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    403
    Member #
    3090
    Liked
    100 times
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Spent a few days on the trail this weekend.
    The lake bed is definitely possible right now! Nice and dry and passed without a problem!

    Afton Canyon was the deepest I've ever seen it! Had a little water coming in the Cab but wasn't A big deal!

    Also, I didn't take the suggested detour around the piute range. The "closed road" was pretty rocky and a little off camber but nothing anyone on here should have a problem with!
    Attached Images Attached Images   

  9. #18
    Forum Regular Irving Zisman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    213
    Member #
    8321
    Liked
    264 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Any plans for the Mojave trail?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jamesdon View Post
    Spent a few days on the trail this weekend.
    The lake bed is definitely possible right now! Nice and dry and passed without a problem!

    Afton Canyon was the deepest I've ever seen it! Had a little water coming in the Cab but wasn't A big deal!

    Also, I didn't take the suggested detour around the piute range. The "closed road" was pretty rocky and a little off camber but nothing anyone on here should have a problem with!
    You were able to get around the metal barricade at Fort Piute? When I was the on New Years, there was a big metal barricade that was blocking the trail right at the fort.

  10. #19
    Forum Regular Jamesdon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    403
    Member #
    3090
    Liked
    100 times
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Irving Zisman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamesdon View Post
    Spent a few days on the trail this weekend.
    The lake bed is definitely possible right now! Nice and dry and passed without a problem!

    Afton Canyon was the deepest I've ever seen it! Had a little water coming in the Cab but wasn't A big deal!

    Also, I didn't take the suggested detour around the piute range. The "closed road" was pretty rocky and a little off camber but nothing anyone on here should have a problem with!
    You were able to get around the metal barricade at Fort Piute? When I was the on New Years, there was a big metal barricade that was blocking the trail right at the fort.
    Yep!
    There was definitely no metal barricade there. Just a road close sign with someone's personal addendum added . I attached some pictures below...
    Attached Images Attached Images   

  11. #20
    Forum Regular Jamesdon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    403
    Member #
    3090
    Liked
    100 times
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    ...also, if anyone wants a sweet new shovel, my kids decided to leave mine in the middle of the desert at our first camp!!!

    It's a decent one too!!!
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00IDV2GQY..._lMV3ybWK4B67M
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Mojave Trail report 12/31/16 01/01/17
    By Irving Zisman in forum SoCal Trail Runs
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 01-04-2017, 11:55 AM
  2. Mojave trail - 2/19 to 2/21/2011
    By cowboy4x4 in forum SoCal Expedition Runs
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-20-2011, 02:24 PM
  3. 2009/12/31 Mojave Eskimo Run Trail Report
    By Kokopeli in forum SoCal Trail Runs & Gatherings Reports
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 01-11-2010, 04:53 PM
  4. 2009/01/16-18 Mojave Trail Viking Raid
    By spertierra in forum SoCal Trail Runs
    Replies: 417
    Last Post: 01-20-2009, 07:39 AM
  5. 2008/10/31-11/02 Alternate Mojave Trail run
    By spertierra in forum SoCal Trail Runs
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 10-29-2008, 04:24 PM